Vic 2017 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu, I'm fluent in English & can hold my own in a French conversation. I also have a smattering of German, Gaelic, Arabic, Hebrew, Bahasa, Latin & Pidgin.

I can order a beer in several different languages.... :)

I'm thankful for folks like you who can do the numbers, 'cos my eyes just glaze-over when it comes to figures.:doofus:

No wukkas, dude. [emoji1] It was definitely not meant to be a brain measuring exercise. I just did the numbers for my own sake, then thought wtf I'll chuck it into the thread in case anyone else is interested.
Probably more comfort for me to do the numbers as I don't quite have the level of experience that you and MJ do [emoji6]

I didn't get any of this but if I did I'd probably pitch a lager, English, US, Cooper's kit and Belgian yeast in the spirit of the brew.

You guys lost me at fornicating with thumbs...

Infinite versions of the original brew.
Brewed in Victoria.
With passion and glory of experience and view.

Apologies, :drinkingbeer:

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1504303485.841261.jpg

just did a gravity reading on the mofox stout = 1.014

I put it on a golden strong yeast cake which was a blend of two belgians, one being a trappist and the other a belgian saison, I took it up to 26dC after a week or so for a few days.

The flavour is nice it has a definite Belgian character that drops away as the roast comes along. Could be interesting.

When you guys use the yeast cake, do you do anything to it, or just chuck the new wort right on top?

When you guys use the yeast cake, do you do anything to it, or just chuck the new wort right on top?
Serenade it? Deep HDPE massage around the base of the FV?...

Or just chuck the new wort right on top. Works too.

One thing to note is that using the whole cake is a *lot* of yeast. Useful for stepping up to a much bigger OG, vol, or both, but going to the same OG & vol as the first batch is a massive over-pitch. Usually a cup or two of the slurry will do for a re-pitch into similar wort & vol.

Back