Vic 2017 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very glad that it wasn't this weekend, everything is soaking outside.

On another note, did anyone leave their swap beers behind?

I had a dream, a dream of the mother of all collaborations, people from far and wide, a long journey to a point that represented the center of where the collaboration state-walls collide.

The middle of the outback, somewhere in the red center? It was a celebration of community brewing. A festivus of brewing and mateship that saw not only the sharing of beer but those golden nuggets of knowledge too.

It was a sort of like the Dakar rally with a bit of mad max thrown in - buses, vans, utes and BFK's all racing to a destination - to the brewing bivouac. We brewed and drank for a few days before returning home.

2020 perhaps?

I had a dream, a dream of the mother of all collaborations, people from far and wide, a long journey to a point that represented the center of where the collaboration state-walls collide.

The middle of the outback, somewhere in the red center? It was a celebration of community brewing. A festivus of brewing and mateship that saw not only the sharing of beer but those golden nuggets of knowledge too.

It was a sort of like the Dakar rally with a bit of mad max thrown in - buses, vans, utes and BFK's all racing to a destination - to the brewing bivouac. We brewed and drank for a few days before returning home.

2020 perhaps?

I am so in!!!

If you actually wanted to get serious about this. I might be able to organise a cattle station outback NSW in Cobar. Would be outback but could have power from a shearing shed but ultimately would be pretty isolated.

Cobar is 12 hours from Melbourne and the property I'm thinking off is 70km out of Cobar.

Last edited:
I am so in!!!

If you actually wanted to get serious about this. I might be able to organise a cattle station outback NSW in Cobar. Would be outback but could have power from a shearing shed but ultimately would be pretty isolated.

Cobar is 12 hours from Melbourne and the property I'm thinking off is 70km out of Cobar.
This sounds awesome.... i reckon i could drop in for maybe like 3 hours.

I am so in!!!

Good old Cobar!
Spent some time there also far too many Tooheys New's as a young bloke.
That would Definitely be a bus trip..

2020 perhaps?
Well the mid year case swap was almost in Mildura, (semi-desert..)
Sure we could set something up at the Perry Sandhills..
outback-desert-380x165_27.jpg

2020 perhaps?
Funnily enough I've been thinking lately of a what if. What if we had a national case swap each year, perhaps part of ANHC? Brew system required!

Funnily enough I've been thinking lately of a what if. What if we had a national case swap each year, perhaps part of ANHC? Brew system required!

Ive often pondered the same thing - like a scout jamboree but home brewers, or a burning man like festival of brewers.

Each club/group could host a site - doing a brew demo an sharing their brews. gets some music going live or otherwise and you have a festival

Just need to find a big old camp ground that would be willing to host it

Latest posts

Back