Vic 2016 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WarmerBeer said:
House got robbed today. Little shits took the wife's jewellery and iPad.

But... fortunately for you fellas, they had no taste in beer and completely ignored the crate of swell-looking swap beers sitting there on the dining table.
WB - thats shit to hear, having been through it earlier this year I commiserate with you. Hope your insurance company look after you.

Yob said:
Bruce and Tracey not going to make it..

Both ok bit totalled the bandiwagon en route.

I robbery, 1 smashed vehicle already.. Ominous
Again - hope the insurance folks look after fixing up the Bandiwagon for B&T....glad they are ok.

On a positive note....

Have dropped my swap bottles off at Mardoos..

Mr Doo will be bringing them along tomorrow.

Have a great day(s) boys - post lots of photos.

Tried a bottle of my swap beer last night (for science!...) and it is way under-carbonated. Please keep it in a nice warm place for at least another couple of weeks. Other than that, it's tasting good.

Swappers

1. Cocko IAC
2. Idzy - Black Summer
4. AJ80 - North German Altbier (aka Son of DJ - ready from 15 January or so)
5. VP Brewing - Tripel - Bottled 12.10.16. Ready to drink Xmas time. (Leave longer if you can)
6. Reardo - Robust Choc Porter
7. Nullnvoid - Rye Pale Ale Surprise
8. DJ_L3THAL - Dusseldorf Altbier. Carbed by 20/12 (Leave at room temp). Lager in fridge after that for minimum 2 weeks, preferably 1 month+
9. mayor of mildura - Cocko's Cream Ale, bottled 1-11-16
10. JB - Smoked porter, bottled 26/10/2016
11. thearn
13. Mofox1 - Thirsty Monk, Belgian Amber Ale. CPF from keg, drink fresh.
14. Breakbeer - Smoked Choc Porter
16. Mudd
17. GrumpyPaul - ESB
18. awesome fury (likes goats)
19. WarmBeer - Uncle Warmy's Breakfast Stout (Keep warm for at least 2 weeks. Maybe end of Dec would be better)
21. Midnight brew - September Stout
22. Mardoo - Two Fuzzy Nuts - Roasted Chestnut Amber - Can drink now, likely better around April
23. TheWiggman - Radieuse, drink Feb
24. malt junkie - DIPA, Bottled today 23/11 Ready around new year

Reserve Swappers
​3.

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1.Schooner_downunder
2. timmy
3. micbrew
4. mmmyummybeer
5. MartinOC

Cubists
1. Cocko
2. Idzy
3. Technobabble66
4. The Wiggman
5. VP Brewing
6. mmmyummybeer
7. Nullnvoid
8. DJ_L3THAL
9. Micbrew
10. JB
11. MartinOC
12. mayor of mildura
13. Mofox1
14. breakbeer
15. malt junkie
16. Schooner_downunder
17. WarmBeer
18. Camo6
19. Yob
20. Reardo
21. awesome fury
22. Mardoo

Reserve cubists

WarmerBeer said:
Tried a bottle of my swap beer last night (for science!...) and it is way under-carbonated. Please keep it in a nice warm place for at least another couple of weeks.
Warmerbeer's beers need to stay warmer... sorted.

GrumpyPaul said:
Photos of Swap shenanigans must be posted...

Live streaming would be even better
What goes on at case swap stays at case swap.

You mean like this?
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480750425.995067.jpg

Had s fantastic time. Great to see everyone. Really wish I could have stayed. Four hours just isn't enough time to talk drunkenly to everyone.

Big thanks to Cocko for hosting. Lovely bit of the world you're living on. Thanks for sharing. Good to see you again mate. Maybe we can hold hands next time? :wub:

Big thanks to Technobabble66 for taking on the brewmaster role. Not easy being the lead brewer among brewers.

Thanks to the food organisers! Best spit roast I've ever been to!

Bruce and Tracey, y'all are legends. Write off the van, so you go home and grab the other car, and drive 3 hours south. Always good to see you both.

Also, the Friday night contingent set up a hell of a brew system. Every swap it's amazing to see how a 500L brew system comes together out of people mashing their bits together. Erm, bits of SYSTEMS together. Big thanks to the folks who did the hard work it takes. Wish I could have joined in.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480752211.988197.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1480752347.265361.jpg

Massive thanks to everyone, Cocko for the stunning good looks....I mean property, Stu for taking charge of the brewing, and Mick for the food, simply amazing effort

Disappointed I couldn't be there longer but wrapped I got to go at all. Such a great bunch of people.....something something Cocko.

Till next time guess I better get these swap beers into me :)

Huge thanks for another ripping swap gents - gutted I couldn't stay longer. Thanks for hosting Cocko - lovely part of the world you live in. Thanks to Stu for the brew and to Mick for the food. And to everyone else for all of the great brews on offer! See you all in Mildura...

Big thanks to the Cock-ster for letting a whole bunch of internet-friends hang out at his Vietnamese Rubber Farm for the day.

I'm gutted I had to drive home just when everybody else was starting to put the accelerator down on the drinking and carousing.

The fantastic beers there on the day makes me look forward to jumping into the swap beers. And who would have thought drinking 12% barrel-infused RIS was a good match for the late afternoon summer sun?

bUEBJz4l.jpg

Edit: And a yuge round of applause to Technobabble. That was an EPIC brewday.

[David Attenborough voice]Here in it's natural setting, the Australian bush, we encounter a group of the native Cubus Sweatius Maximus, more commonly known as the "Case Swap Cube"
63kV3RIl.jpg

Great bunch of people. Fantastic food. Amazing beers. Sad I had to go and drink boring DSGA at my family do but I enjoyed the time I was there very much. Really looking forward to the swap beers and fermenting my first Belgian and using candi syrup for the first time.

Big ups to Cocko for the place, I'm sure you fixed that hangover by mid afternoon yesterday [emoji1] Thanks to the food and salad team. My lime tree will grow fruit one day....

Back