Vic 2015 Xmas Case Swap - Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idzy

Reaction score
With Yob spending some time with the little man, I thought it could be good for us to at least get a thread going for some comments. I am assuming Yob may have an idea of what he would like to brew, but what would the case swap be without a recipe thread? :ph34r:
:super: :kooi:

Sounds good Idzy. Always good hearing and discussing some good recipe ideas. Thought id note that the brewery has steam operated jackets to the mash/kettle, we have a seperate lauter tun. So step mashes are not a problem.

Pliny was awesome...
barleywine
Tropical stout
Lichtenhainer
Gose

We coukd do a candi syrup side brew

Blood plum Belgian quad does sound delicious. Any ideas where to source that amount of plums though. I do have some dark candi sugar as we use it in our Belgian which we could use.

the blood plums will probably just give it a harsh acidity.. you have to be careful how you use them

mmmyummybeer said:
Blood plum Belgian quad does sound delicious. Any ideas where to source that amount of plums though. I do have some dark candi sugar as we use it in our Belgian which we could use.
Unfortunately blood plum season is not until summer. Bugger. However we could always keep the wort in our no-chill containers until then and then ferment and add plums to the secondary?

Grainer said:
the blood plums will probably just give it a harsh acidity.. you have to be careful how you use them
Care to elaborate or provide some more specific advice. Have you used them before?

Since we've done some BIG mutha's in the past (& it being summer 'n' all), how's about something simple & summery-quaffer like a Weizen or Saison?

Edit: Are we talking about the main attraction here, or a side-show on our usual "Big-Rig" case-swap setup? Both??

MartinOC said:
Since we've done some BIG mutha's in the past (& it being summer 'n' all), how's about something simple & summery-quaffer like a Weizen or Saison?
Like a 3PY?

Yeah I just made that TLA up.

3 ingredients plus yeast, actually not a bad topic for a thread.

Cheers,
D80

Right, I'll throw my hat in the ring too..

After some epic swap day brews going back a fair few in a row, I'd be very happy to run something simpler..

Bo Pils?

Naturally if bandicoot want to go large and complex, I'm into it and will be on deck..

Yob said:
Right, I'll throw my hat in the ring too..

After some epic swap day brews going back a fair few in a row, I'd be very happy to run something simpler..

Hear Hear!!

Bo Pils?

PERFECT!....... Bo-Pils + Saaz. I'll be all over it like a big black rottweiler on heat. :blink:

Naturally if bandicoot want to go large and complex, I'm into it and will be on deck..

Ditto.

More than happy to go a simpler summer smasher, even though it's our system I'm pretty happy to hand it over to you guys for the day and beer choice wise I recon same as normal majority wins.

Latest posts

Back