• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[VIC] 15ml yeast tubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mofox1

Wubba lubba dub dub!
Reaction score
Heya yeast lovers,

I've just taken receipt of 500 15ml conical polypropylene centrifuge tubes.

I only need 100 or so for myself, so these are going at cost. They are sterile and should* be autoclavable. This size is good for splitting fresh packs or starters, but will normally require a smaller initial step (btwn 100 to 500ml depending on yeast age and condition).

$11 per tray of 50. Pickup preferred (Bayswater), but if you really want me to post, I can do so at cost.

7 trays going at the moment...

1439862505731.jpg

* product details didn't specify whether autoclavable or not, but PP is autoclavable... not sure about lids, but I've been steaming similar tubes and lids without issue.

Can i please grab 3 trays Mr Mofox - they're not all for me ☺

Goin' like hotcakes...

Idzy: 2
MidnightBrew: 1
JB: 3

Remaining: 2

I'll update the BB contact thread in case someone wants to grab a whole carton.

Edit: Offering up the one I was keeping in reserve.

I gave some if others desire same price etc..

What's post big fella?? I'll take one if you'll post to Brisbane.

Cheers mate

yeah im up for a tray as well

can pick up on Saturday at kk if you will be attending

thx mick

jonnir said:
What's post big fella?? I'll take one if you'll post to Brisbane.
$25 for vials + post. Let me know if you want it and I'll pm you my det's.

micbrew said:
yeah im up for a tray as well

can pick up on Saturday at kk if you will be attending
No problemo.

And that's it... Hit up MXD for any more folks. :D

Idzy: 2
MidnightBrew: 1
JB: 3
Micbrew: 1
Jonnir: 1 (waiting confirmation)

Remaining: 0

Holy SNOT! 500 went quick!!!

As mentioned above, NOT autoclavable. Starsan etc. only for these babies (or gently steamed with slivers of freshly-chopped garlic/ginger/chilli & white wine, then garnished with spring onions & served on a bed of jasmine rice or couscous)... :blink:

MartinOC said:
Holy SNOT! 500 went quick!!!

As mentioned above, NOT autoclavable. Starsan etc. only for these babies (or gently steamed with slivers of freshly-chopped garlic/ginger/chilli & white wine, then garnished with spring onions & served on a bed of jasmine rice or couscous)... :blink:
Eh? What have you been reading Martin?! :)

They should be autoclavable, the tubes are polypropylene... caveat was for the lids, not sure what they are made from. I don't have a autoclavey thingy, I clean with hot perc & "sanitise" by steaming both tubes and lids.

And yes... The 500 did go quick... (with apologies to Takai - didn't take his post as a commitment, and didn't follow up with him... hope I wasn't in error, otherwise I'll shout you a beer sometime!)

Hi mofox, I was getting 1 tray for micbrew but he's claimed his own above. So 1 tray is back up grabs. I'll just take the 2 please & thank you.

DIBS!!!!

Sorry, the 15ml ones I got for a previous BB were destroyed by heat (even boiling water). I assumed to my obvious peril!!

The process is to autoclave (pressure-cooker) the tubes half-full (half-empty?? :unsure: ) with glycerine with the lids in-situ, then add the yeasty-beasties to each tube once cooled, then freeze.

MartinOC said:
Sorry, the 15ml ones I got for a previous BB were destroyed by heat (even boiling water). I assumed to my obvious peril!!
Which is exactly what I did to the vial I got off MidnightBrew... must have been polystyrene or PET. Did NOT like being steamed! :D

MartinOC said:
The process is to autoclave (pressure-cooker) the tubes half-full (half-empty?? :unsure: ) with glycerine with the lids in-situ, then add the yeasty-beasties to each tube once cooled, then freeze.
Ideally yes. I really should get a pressure cooker one of these days....

If any more surface or sales fall through I am keen for a tray

I'll take second in line after bronson. I didn't think I needed any but then remembered mine are the melty ones.

3rd in line if sales fall through:)
...surprisingly the cheap shit tubes I bought from China looked like cheap shit when I opened the packet.

TBH I thought it was going to take at least a little while to shift 400 tubes... apparently not. Somewhat astounded by the response! :)

If anyone want the details - bulk buy thread. The 15ml tubes come just under the free shipping threshold so if you (only!) need 500 tubes, a little tub of cheap pH strips bumps it over the mark (and saves $25 - 30 in postage).

Latest posts

Back