Very late notice - impromptu brew day Brisbane/Ipswich

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
Hi all

Brewing in the morning, thought I'd open an invitation to anyone keen.

I am in Collingwood Park, about 15 mins from Ipswich.

Will be brewing a double batch of Hefeweizen, and then using the grain bed for a Berliner Wiess.... For those who don't know, I run a 90L setup, HERMs, all-electric.

Anyone who is keen, let me know ASAP!

Will be aiming to dough in around 10-10:30. Snags on the BBQ for lunch.

I'm about 2.5km from Redbank train station, so a pretty easy walk.

I only have one beer on tap ATM, so if you're coming, maybe bring a bottle or two!

Cheers!

Ummm... Lunch..........?!?

Sorry mate, I thought you were the Liquid Lunch Brewery?

Ahhh, I get you now.... Was tossing up between 'troll' or 'crazy person'. They're not for me.... I blend mine with stout into a healthy milkshake!

NickB said:
and then using the grain bed for a Berliner Wiess....
So you're trying to convert the grain bed into a Berliner meadow in an bavarian accent? Good luck with that!

Or did you mean you're brewing a Berliner Weisse?

:ph34r:

Unfortunately I haven't got any bottled beer at the moment, so I won't be coming over, and besides that I'll be "at work".

Have a great day and say hi to Troydo!

Lol, I can't spell Germanese, obviously....

NickB said:
Ahhh, I get you now.... Was tossing up between 'troll' or 'crazy person'. They're not for me.... I blend mine with stout into a healthy milkshake!
You blend your snags into a stout?

(Now I be trollin')

Love to turn up Nick but I'll be brewing myself an APA.

Go on, bring the rig around! You should be able to haul it on the train, surely!

It's not the 70 litre pot I'm worried about its what people will think of me carrying my Swiss Voile handbag!

No different to any other train trip surely!

It normally wouldn't bother me but travelling the Ipswich line presents its own set of 'unique' challenges.

'What the **** are you lookin' at, hand baggy. Why you wearing a dress ya poofta?'

Bumpity bump for the morning crowd

Yeah, will plan a weekend one in the near future. Just thought I'd put the offer out anyway :)

Cheers for the offer Nick. Would have loved to come except I gotta make these dollar dollar bills.

Yeah, having a 9 day fortnight is sometimes a curse..... ;)

Have a good one, I'm mapping a quarry :unsure:

Latest posts

Back