• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Very Cheap Fridges

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibast

Reaction score
Got a couple of fridges I want to get rid of.

The first is a 221l Westinghouse (can't find the model number). It has been previously drilled for a keg but has since been bogged up. Good working order and will get as high as 11deg if turned right up. It can fit a softdrink keg and a larger "cube" OR a coopers style brew vessel in it, if you remove the shelves. Seals are ok. The lower shelf was glass and was broken at some point. I still have the crisper draw about. The stuff you can see in the bottom is malt I've been too lazy to clean up. Otherwise it just needs a clean.

If you can match the governments $35 it would be appreciated.

west_holes_small.jpg
west_inside.jpg

Oh and you don't get my olives

The second is our main kitchen fridge. We are upgrading and availability will depend on delivery of the new fridge (in the next couple of weeks?). It is a Kelvinator 520l. Much bigger fridge. The seal is starting to go again, although it has been that bad for a long time now and seems to be working ok. The dent in the freezer door is from the hinge failing at one point. There is also a black x-files type ooze coming from just beneath the freezer. I was suspect it was going to fail at any time and hence been on the look out for a new fridge. The black ooze doesn't appear to be affecting performance however. Maybe it's water from the freezer during defrosting dissolving something in the lining????

The fridge will fit two softdrink kegs easy. Probably a 45l keg too.

kelv_front_small.jpg
kelv_seal_small.jpg
kelv_dent_small.jpg
kelv_tungusca_small.jpg

If I can get say $75 I'll be happy.

I think I have to keep the kids artwork

Also, I broke my arm before Christmas and my lifting ability at the moment is a bit girly, so be prepared.

OK the big fridge is now out of the kitchen and in the garage.

Don't know what the black shit is. I have the same oozing out of our fridge. The only thing I have found that removes it is automotive pre paint wax and grease remover (Prepsol)

Yeah my other thoery it is some coating they put on the inside of the lining that weeps over time. It's been like that for months and the fridge is still cooling fine.

OK. I've still got both, so I'll swap for a couple of bottles of homebrew.

Need the space.

Indeed, I'd grab either to replace my leaky shitbox if it was remotely close!

Cheers

The big fridge is gone, but the smaller is still available.

Come on guys it's free.

Latest posts

Back