Ventmatic - Where To Get A Good Deal

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 384

Reaction score
My VentMatic taps arrived today and I'm pretty happy. I dealt directly with VentMatic in the US with Brad Amidzich. Good bloke to deal with.

They sell more gear than what they have on their site so it pays to ask or send them a picture of what you are looking for. I bought the VentMatic 2000 tap + SS shank and nipple + balck platic handle. With airmail it cost $73.27 each.

If you use a font, they also sell the snaplock collars. I think the VentMatic tap with snaplock collar would be about $75 each delivered.

Worth dealing with direct.

Cheers
MAH

Mah,

great to hear. I will be speaking to the wife about this and giving her a hint about what the kids can get me for xmas, especially after reading all the positve feed back on them.

I would be connecting them to a font and was concerned they wouldnt fit to my current set up.

Pricing works out quiet well too with air freight taken in.

how do they go??

cheers OD

:beer:

I too received my 3 Ventmatic taps today but I forgot to order the locking nut to secure the snaplock adaptor to the tap.. :unsure: :(

I got 3 taps plus handles and the snaplock fitting (minus the locking nut :( ) delivered for $160US ($218AUD) delivered.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could get this locking nut from or would I be best to go directly back to Ventmatic?

Cheers.

Edit: On the invoice it has 3x 202-A Snaplock shank, collar and gasket kit.

I assume collar is the part I'm missing, it connects the snaplock adaptor to the tap.. right?

It seems that the collar and gasket kit was not packed in to the box, bugger!

So it looks like another bit of a wait till I get these taps up and running, I have taken a photo of the snaplock adaptor & tap to show you what's missing.. almost 100% sure that it is the collar and gasket kit but people who already have them can you confirm this for me please?

Cheers.

tap.jpg

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone to Brad (till 2.30 am) - Great bloke with a wealth of knowledge - I just ordered 10 taps with handles but without shank or snaplock - 3 or 5 of their patented flowrate devices (enables Weizens to be poured alongside your pommie ales without foaming) - he's included different size noozles for each tap & a spare gasket set - for USD 505 delivered by airfreight.

Hopefully here next week... :D

Muga

i Have 2 spare sets of snaplock shank and collar.
The proper ones with the little tetth that lock in.
u can have them for what i paid for them - 10.00 ea if it helps u out.

Hi Ross

Brad chucked in a Flow Gate as a freebie. Just said to give it a go and let him know how it works. I also bought a couple of different sized nozzles.

The Flow Gate was all assembled with the beer line, really nice quality Micro Matic 3/16" beer line, wish I had some more of it.

Cheers
MAH

hey MAH, what does the flowgate do...is it the same as a flow restrictor?

Also is there a standard size shank? how much different are they

I'm just interested in grabbing a few ventmatics myself :)

PhilS said:
hey MAH, what does the flowgate do...is it the same as a flow restrictor?

Also is there a standard size shank? how much different are they

I'm just interested in grabbing a few ventmatics myself :)
[post="86604"][/post]​

Phils, I'll let MAH give you the exact details, as he's recieved his - but no they are not the same as restrictors - restrictors IMO are a waste of time, if used to try & pour highly carbonated beers...

cheers Ross

Hi PhilS

In all honesty I have no idea how the FlowGates work, Brad just chucked one in and said give it a go. My understanding is that with a proper length of beer line you shouldn't need any other gadgets.

However having been given a FlowGate for free I'm willing to give it a go. I looks like a do-hickey that goes inline and increases backpresure. It's not adjustable like the restrictors that Roach organised. It looks like 3-4cm of 1/4" braided line, with a SS barb (looks like a line splicer) on each end. In the middel it looks like there is a white plastic spiral (like a mini IUD). As I said I have no idea of what thiis adds to a balanced system.

The shanks that they sell are of a standard size and length. All good quality. Only downside was a couple of the beer nuts look a bit beat up, but no real dilema, particularly when everything is so well priced.

To put it into some perspective, a SS VentMatic tap and shank cost $73 delivered, Grain and Grape sell the entry level chrome palted brass tap and shank for $85 plus delivery.

AHB has been fantastic in generating a large pool of knowledge which means we are able to find these bargains. Some very good HBS in Australia, like G&G have come to the party and are supplying a lot more and at reasonable prices, but they will continue to struggle to compete with the States. Good on these HBS for trying, but also good on AHB members for continuing to search for bargains.

Cheers
MAH

Thanks MAH & Ross. I prefer highly carbonated beer atm, but may grab a flow restrictor at some stage for an ale or two :)

I was going to order some shanks which are included in the ventmatic promo, but Brad asked which size I need & I wasn't sure. Depends on the fonts??

This is everything I got sent with my Ventmatics - it's missing the collar and gasket kit, shame it's the weekend and I can't get in touch with Brad at Ventmatic to get the missing parts sent out.

Oh well, just hope it gets sorted out seeing I paid for them..

ventmatic_kit.jpg

Brad sorted everything out for me, have the ventmatics all ready to go.
I just need the bar to be finished. :D

Well Done Muga - cant wait for the pics.

PhilS said:
Thanks MAH & Ross. I prefer highly carbonated beer atm, but may grab a flow restrictor at some stage for an ale or two :)

I was going to order some shanks which are included in the ventmatic promo, but Brad asked which size I need & I wasn't sure. Depends on the fonts??
[post="86665"][/post]​

PhilS, If you like highly carbonated beer you need a flowgate, this will enable you to pour your highly carbed beer without it frothing everywhere - I found the flow restrictors next to useless for this...

Sorry for the thread hijack - i will split this off into another topic if people feel it is digressing but it has come up in this thread so the info could be useful here.

Ross or someone - do you care to elaborate on the workings of a flowgate and why it is better than a restrictor? I have not seen a flowgate but gather it is an inline restriction which is not adjustable.

The restrictors (ala Roach bulk buy) that I have are adjustable and inline also, I am sure many people are familiar with these. I have had no problems with mine at whatever carbonation level I like with 1m of beer line.

Just curious about these, are they generic or a ventmatic term for their product?

I was thinking about the differences too JasonY, just trying to get my head around it

This would probably be a very good topic on its own but still related to the these Ventmatics

JasonY said:
Sorry for the thread hijack - i will split this off into another topic if people feel it is digressing but it has come up in this thread so the info could be useful here.

Ross or someone - do you care to elaborate on the workings of a flowgate and why it is better than a restrictor? I have not seen a flowgate but gather it is an inline restriction which is not adjustable.

The restrictors (ala Roach bulk buy) that I have are adjustable and inline also, I am sure many people are familiar with these. I have had no problems with mine at whatever carbonation level I like with 1m of beer line.

Just curious about these, are they generic or a ventmatic term for their product?
[post="87756"][/post]​

JasonY,

When I recieve mine, I'll try and elaborate. All i know is that my attempts at using flow restrictors were far from successful. Brad from Ventmatics appears to be very knowledgable in this field & confirmed to me that restrictors are far from adequate & he believes his flowgates are the answer. Until I've tried them, I guess I should refrain from recommending them, but I'm confident he knows what he's talking about. I will confirm there suitability, or not, within the next few weeks...

I believe they are Ventmatics (Brads) patented invention

Cheers Ross

Look forward to hearing about them (and some pics too please). If they are not adjustable then I would think they would be a pain but perhaps there is some magic regulation in them?

I doubt I would upgrade as the restrictors work for me, keen to know how these go however.

JasonY said:
Look forward to hearing about them (and some pics too please). If they are not adjustable then I would think they would be a pain but perhaps there is some magic regulation in them?

I doubt I would upgrade as the restrictors work for me, keen to know how these go however.
[post="87800"][/post]​

Out of interest, how do you get the restrictors to work? - I attached a more highly carbonated keg to mine & it didn't matter how I adjusted it, I just poured foam...

Apologies if this is a bit of a thread hijack...

Latest posts

Back