Vegetarian Gel-it-in Queens

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think vegans know that plants don't want to die, some plants come up with pretty neat tricks to make sure they can procreate.

Randy Mosher says in Radical Brewing that bitter tastes are so prevalent in plants because it was a survival strategy they developed to discourage predators (stray herbivores/omnivores looking for something to munch). Hence the wide choice of plant bitters available to brewers.

manticle said:
Steroids make people really, really good at jiu jitsu.
I wonder if the idiot pills some people seem to be on contain bacon?
mmmm bacon

manticle said:
Steroids make people really, really good at jiu jitsu.
I wonder if the idiot pills some people seem to be on contain bacon?

Ideit pills?. I dun fort dem bakun pills dun makded me kleverer. yukyukyuk.

manticle said:
I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian and am unlikely to change but I'd pay good money to see you say that to someone like Jake Shields.
I said a pale, frail vegan. Not a steroid junkie vegan.

My comment was said in jest, in case that was missed.

Yeah got that. Jesty **** off I'll punch you in the face style jest. Why aren't people more light hearted?

Ironically I see more carnivorous folk concerned about other people's dietary choices than I do vegans and vegoes.

manticle said:
Yeah got that. Jesty **** off I'll punch you in the face style jest. Why aren't people more light hearted?

Ironically I see more carnivorous folk concerned about other people's dietary choices than I do vegans and vegoes.
Agreed actually, not sure why people are so threatened by what other people choose to eat. There are a few of the stereotypical militant vegans (which I think are generally arseholes of the highest order) but they are exceptionally rare in my experience. Most will say that it's an overarching philosophy they do their best to adhere to (for varying reasons), and just leave it at that, without vitriol towards meat eating folk.

On the other hand it's far more common to find meat eaters talking about humans having eaten meat for thousands of years, it's natural, you're defective if you're vegan, whatever.

As I said earlier, people's choice of foods does not impact anyone other than themselves (pregnant and breastfeeding mothers excluded) so provided that they don't get in anyone's face about it I have no idea why anyone else gives a shit.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Yes us tofu munchers do give shit what you lot eat.
Nev
Don't get me started on tofu...

Tofu....its...welll......nothing...

Unlike this loverly peice of steak which came from a cow, which, incidently are vegan.

strip-steak-mcb-maggieo.jpg

I ******* love meat, but I don't use gelatin partly because I want my beer to be ok for my one or two vegetarian/vegan friends. Their comfort and ability to enjoy my hospitality are more important to me than the cosmetics of my beer. I don't feel the need to rationalise their dietary decisions, I just accommodate them where I can do so without major inconvenience to myself.

Most decent people I come across are exactly as you do Prince, considerate where they can. Being veg is still a curiosity for most though.

pedleyr said:
As I said earlier, people's choice of foods does not impact anyone other than themselves (pregnant and breastfeeding mothers excluded)
and exept after I have had a plate load of baked beans and coleslaw and I hold her head under the blankets.......

On the original topic el carter, I asked about the gel it in a little while ago. It actually contains a few other additives, including corn sugar I think, so the very swift conclusion was just: why bother?

I've got a pack lying around at home and will post if I ever try it, though I bought it because it was the only gelatin product I saw at the supermarket.

Latest posts

Back