VB knocks off XXXX Gold to be crowned nation's top selling brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to be a snob here, but I literally can't drink it. Makes me gag. It did even before I knew what "good" beer tasted like.

In fact, the first beer I ever had was VB, and it almost put me off drinking beer forever.

Then again, yanks drink Budweiser. At least VB has a taste, even if it's terrible.

No stats to back up my comment but I bet the combined market share was a lot larger 10years ago.

I'm going to celebrate this monumental occasion by having a homebrew when I get home.

Paul H said:
Newsworthy??
Yeah.. apparently a really crappy beer is now selling better than another really crappy beer. Hold the front page!

One of the best things about Tassie, there aren't slabs of VB and XXXX everywhere.

Downside is, Boags is cheaper in Brisbane than it is 100km from the brewery. Fairly typical of tassie, they charge their own more for the produce than mainlanders, but "Taste Tasmania" wants you to always buy local.

Oops, sorry, went OT. Hangon, the topic was rubbish in the first place.

Okey dokey, back to whatever the BWS in Dev has that I'll drink.

I'm trying really hard....
But no, I have no fucks to give.

Its nice to see sales have been battling though, craft beer is definitely getting some much earned repsect. Screw giving money to CUB when you can give it to locals who deserve it

I like VB and I do prefer the new old one, to the old new one!

Hell without Emu Export and VB in my youth, I may well have ended up a smug, snobby single malt man, or worse yet on the fightin' juice! (Jacks).
To each their own....

Cheers,
D80

I confess......i have had the newer 4.9% VB. And its better than the old one. Bit more like the VB i drank in my early 20's when a carton of throw downs was $16......

Back