Vb Kits

• Thread starter Jovial_Monk
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jovial_Monk

I am asking this for academic interest only, the Monk is not about making crap beers from crap kits!!!

However, a client who has just moved here from Vic reckons he has made up beers from "VB Kits"

I guess they would have to be made by/under license/by permission of CUB?

Can anyone supply any info on these kits?

Jovial Monk

never seen or heard of these... and am sure we would know if they were about????

maybe someone else has seen them ( maybe sold as cat piss in a can)

Sounds like crap to me Tom , if VB kits were about many K&K , brewers would be lining up.

Scarey but :eek:

Tom,
It sounds to me like your contact has been using a recipe ( if thats what you choose to call it ) from, dare I say it, "Brewcraft"
The funny thing about it that the "recipe is probably better than the "VB" megaswill that we find in tins and pubs.
I only have one thing to say on this subject and that it is YOUR duty Tom to convert that poor fellow to partial/ AG brewing.
Good luck!

Batz said:
Sounds like crap to me Tom , if VB kits were about many K&K , brewers would be lining up.

Scarey but :eek:
Yeh a lot of K& k brewers want to produce commercial beers like vb, But Batz the reason a lot of new brewers like me starting with kits are not only trying to get away just from being ripped off by cub, but make a decent beer as well , believe me mate vb is far from what im trying to make with kits. Ok ag is the way to go but in the meantime dont knock kit brewers.

YAY i like kits!!!!!!!

hmmmmmmm.....way to early to be up and hungover haha

I am not having a go at kit brewers , I brewed kits for 18 years.

I would say we all started out using kits , it is the intruduction to homebrew , there is however a better way. ;)

Batz

Batz said:
I am not having a go at kit brewers , I brewed kits for 18 years.

I would say we all started out using kits , it is the intruduction to homebrew , there is however a better way. ;)

Batz
Hows it going Batz , yeh mate you gotta walk before you can run, looking foward to getting a few tips on how AG is done when you move up to my neck of the woods then discussing this issue over a few home brews. :chug: :chug: :chug: See ya mate.

I have not knocked kit beers, caused a ruckus in fact trying to stick up for kit brewers. . . and for not locking them into a ghetto.

just wanting to check out that statement by the customer

hehehehehehe (evil chuckle) according to my bitch sister, a BiLo homebrand kit and a kilo of sugar is just like VB. Yum! Bottle after 4 days at 27C

JM

I think Dicko might have the right of it, will tackle that customer next time he is in the shop

VB kits, just does not bear thinking about. . .

JM

Latest posts

Back