• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Various brewery items FS (BNE)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Due to the impending birth of my first child, living in a town house and reduced beer consumption I'm downsizing my brewery. I have the following items for sale available for pickup in Brisbane (southside) or I am prepared to deliver (within a reasonable distance):

40L Crown urn with concealed element and ball valve. Also comes with the original tap. This doesn't have the cut-off bypassed but was previously my boil vessel (23L batch size) and never had an issue achieving a boil and maintaining it. Has been used as a boil HLT/kettle for around 50 23L batches and as purely a HLT for about 10 50L batches. Looking for around $150
IMG_1214.JPG

38L Keep cool mash tun with false bottom and ball valve. Fits up to about 11kg of grain with about 2-2.5L/kg water to grain ration. Ideal for big (6%+) 23L batches or standard (6.0% and below) double size batches. Has been used for around 60 batches in total. Has a rather large deformation in the wall but still works perfectly. Looking for $80
IMG_1218.JPGIMG_1220.JPG

SS Brewtech brew kettle 20 (76L). This has had about 10 batches through it and includes a spincycle weldless whirlpool return from https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/spincycle.htm and quick disconnect fittings . Looking for around $300.
IMG_1215.JPGIMG_1216.JPG

High pressure LPG burner including reg. Has been used for about 10 batches. Info can be found here: http://www.ibrew.com.au/products/high-pressure-lpg-propane-burner-stand-and-regulator Looking for around $80.

I'd prefer local pickup atm but if items don't sell I will consider postage at buyers expense. I will sell as a complete lot so make an offer.

Thanks.

Hey mate,

I'd be keen to take the mash tun and burner off your hands.

Sending PM

Hi guys,
just a quick update. Mash tun and burner are taken pending pickup.

Mr B said:
Thanks Meddo, that would have kept me awake at night.
Haha, better have a couple of extra beers to sleep then, the kettle is still available if you're quick as is the urn.

Awwwww. I bought a 70L Soga pot a couple of weeks ago, its not bad, but that would be much better.

I'm banishing the thought from my mind........

I'm keen for the urn? Is it still available?

Cummy said:
I'm keen for the urn? Is it still available?
Hi Cummy, yes, urn is still available. Just shoot me a PM if you want it.

stevonz said:
If anyone fails to collect, I'm keen on the burner and possibly other items. I'm also on Southside (Wakerley).
Hi stevonz, the kettle and urn are still available if you are interested.

Kettle and urn are still available, will be posting on Gumtree/Ebay after the weekend so jump in now if you're interested.

Hi guys, the kettle listed above is still available, make me an offer.

I also have some other bits and pieces for sale/giveaway.

360L Fisher and Paykel chest freezer, currently being used as a keezer with a temp controller (Grain and Grape model here). Easily fits 6 kegs and some bits and pieces on the hump. Would fit 8 kegs with a collar fitted. Has some scratches and rust but has been running for 3 years without missing a beat. I paid $250 second hand (without the temp controller), yours for $125 with the temp controller or $100 without. Sorry, kegs aren't for sale. I'll also throw in 4 packs of WLP833 German Bock Lager yeast, 2 expired in October 2016 and 2 in January 2017. They should all still fire up with a starter.

IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG

Keg King 2 roller Maltmuncher grain mill with hopper, handle and base. Details here. Has some surface rust. Has milled less than 200kg of grain. Asking $60.

IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG

I've also got some un-milled grain and maxi pails from Bunnings for storage (9 x 20L (1 is missing the lid) and 2 x 10L (both with lids)). Grain is as follows:

Base malt:
  • 16kg Weyermann Munich I
  • 9 kg Weyermann pale wheat
Specialty malt:
  • 700g Weyermann acidulated
  • 500g Weyermann Caramunich II
  • 250g Weyermann Caramunich III
  • 300g Weyermann Cara special II
  • 600g Weyermann Melanoidin malt
  • 800g Thomas Fawcetts black malt
  • 820g Thomas Fawcetts Chocolate malt
  • 820g Thomas Fawcetts Pale Chocolate malt
For the malt and maxi pails I'm happy to give them away to a brewer that will use them.

Thanks

Hey mate I'm interested in the grain mill and urn if it's still available. And would love to take the grains off your hands at the same time if I can.

Insensate said:
Hey mate I'm interested in the grain mill and urn if it's still available. And would love to take the grains off your hands at the same time if I can.
PM sent

Grain and mill are spoken for pending pickup.

Hi Schoey,

See from your post that the kettle is still up for grabs, new to the site so not sure how this works, but would be keen to make an offer. On the GC so can pick up. Thanks Rosey

CDRosey said:
Hi Schoey,

See from your post that the kettle is still up for grabs, new to the site so not sure how this works, but would be keen to make an offer. On the GC so can pick up. Thanks Rosey
Hi mate,
I've sent you a PM

HI Schoey,

I'll take the chesty and some of that grain if possible :).

I'm in brissy PM me your address and we can organise a time.

Cheers.

Did the freezer go? I just need to work out how to get it to fig tree

Latest posts

Back