• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Various Bits And Pieces For Winemaking And Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
I'm slightly premature in starting this thread as I have not yet taken photos. I will if people are interested enough. Mainly an EOI thread.

Not getting out of the game but trying to get rid of stuff I have been intending to use but don't.

1 Grape crusher. Bought second hand from fraser John, rarely used, good condition.

Asking for $180 ONO, will measure exact dimensions on request but looks similar to this:
8075_stainless_crusher_25_1_small.JPG
without the stand.

Also a stainless steel fruit press which is quite small. $50. Again will measure dimensions for interested parties but similar to the smallest GG model. http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/product_in...roducts_id=8080

Also a 34 L tapless glass demijohn -$40

AND a barley crusher malt mill (the 7lb version) with hopper and hand crank handle - looking at $90. Will throw in table with wheels, washing machine motor and better bottle potential hopper for free (mainly because that's how I received it) for possible mounting and motorisation. Been meaning to, not sure when I will so happy for others to try their hand. http://www.barleycrusher.com/view_image.php?img=bc_main

Finally: 50 L RED esky mash tun. This is a KNOCK-OFF of the techni-ice design. I paid $90 (from memory), yours for $60. Comes with drilled hole for tap and fitted brass bulkhead and t-piece. Happy to throw in my copper manifold as well. My method of fitting the manifold to the bulkhead was primitive so your tun's future is only limited by your imagination and skills. The majority of equipment is there and most of the work is done for you. Tun works and works well with manifold in primitive position. Doesn't come with ball valve tap but bulkhead will fit one.

As suggested - I'm happy to post pics, I'm even happy for interested buyers to physically view the goods with no obligation and I can negotiate somewhat on price if you have a genuine belief that I'm being unreasonable with mine. All prices based on what I remember I paid (and then subtractions taken from that to add second hand/value depreciation and not being a profiteering prick).

No chance of posting or shipping or delivery.

Expressions of interest and PMs are obligation free.

Cheers

Demi and fruit press on reserve for interested parties, pending confirmation and payment.

On reserve, pending confirmation and payment

Demijohn
Fruit press
Mill and associated sundries

Still available:

Grape Crusher
Esky/mash tun

Mill sold subject to payment.

Just realised I have a couple more demijohns that look to be about 30+| L -$40 each or both for $70. Same deal as before (eg arrangements for inspection before committing to buy is OK).

3 demijohns sold pending payment.

Still available:

Grape Crusher
Esky mash tun and manifold

OK.

Demijohns, fruit press and grain mill are all sold.

Here are some photos of the grape crusher

1346545998030.jpg

1346545985681.jpg

1346545974021.jpg

1346545964734.jpg

1346546005292.jpg

Hopper measures approx 840 mm length by 560 mm width by 230mm depth.

Pictures of the tun to come.

Will throw in 2 x 30 L and 2 x 15 L plastic fermenters (clean, with lids and taps) for an extra $10 for purchaser of either tun or grape crusher.

And the tun:

1346555303405.jpg

1346555284223.jpg

1346555277023.jpg

Pull apart manifold for easy cleaning:

1346555271520.jpg

1346569589977.jpg

Manifold upside down to show slots

1346569633964.jpg

Manifold attaches to t-piece with some thicker silicon tube which I've lost. Thinner stuff used for demonstration in photo, so you will need to grab some thicker silicon (about 15 cm will be adequate and give you spare and who doesn't need silicon tube) or work out a better way to attach to the t-piece.

This tun has been used successfully at 2 case swaps and to rescue a double batch of rochefort 10 tribute so my dodgy attachment design has been tried and tested.

I said earlier that it doesn't come with a tap but I realise I don't really need the tap attached so it comes with all bits, ready to go (except that thicker silicon)

Back