Valley Mills

• Thread starter Jovial_Monk
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jovial_Monk

Morning all,

I am looking to buy 2-3 Valley Mills from Valley Brewing in Canada
Price is $C119 each, about $A115 apparently (have NOT checked this)
To spread the freight and reduce the cost per unit I am asking for anyone looking to buy a good mill to join in. You will pay just for the mill and freight, no markup.

It will take 3 months to have the mills sent here by seafreight.

Anyone? Please send emails direct to [email protected]

Jovial Monk

Hi JM, unless there has been a recent price drop but when I enquired late last year they quoted me $150Cd plus postage on top of that for the Valley? This isn't the definitive answer obviously but I can tell you that this is what I was quoted for. Hope it help and I'm curious to see what price they offer you :angry: I'm asking the question why I was told $150Cd.

Whoah. Just found the email they sent me. It was a lot worse than that.

Hi Justin
The price of the Valley Mill is $185.00 Cdn plus $55.00 Shipping and
Handling for a total of $240.00 Cdn. This is without the 2 lb wooden mount
that fits on a food pail as it is too expensive to ship. We include
instructions and hardware for making one.
Shipping time is anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
We use Visa Credit Card
Regards,
Marianne

JD

Mine was around $240 , dollar was down a bit then , took 6 weeks
Have azz with it

I paid $C199 + shipping to buy a mill from Paddockwood

As a bulk order I guess I get the better price

Jovial Monk

JM is that with some kind of hopper on it or just the roller mechanism ... could be interested.

Congratulations Jovial on your idea.
I feel this is just what SA needs is a brew shop that is willing to have a look at importing goods when there is obviously nothing available that is made in Aus.
Re my Email to you - I am definately interested in one if you can E Mail me the details.

Cheers

Jovial_Monk the price is
$119 USdollars or $150 CAN dollars + GST&PST
takes it up to $190 CAN dollars
If you pay USD u may get away with no taxes

Sintax

The Valley Mill has a hopper built in , you'll be happy with it

Um yes, sintax69 is right

the price I assumed was $C was $US

so, a bit more expensive, but since I will order 5 as of last count may be able to get them cheaper

I bought mine of a Canadian HBS, Paddockwood, for $C199+shipping etc so this is still a very cheap way of buying one! The mill has a 3Kg hopper, the gap between the rollers can be easily adjusted and it comes with a fitting so you can use a drill or motor = pulley to drive the mill.

The Valley is probably the most popular mill out there

Jovial Monk

Not wanting to put a panner in the works...

when i was investigating the Barley Crusher - which i have now- they were going to give 5% off for orders of 3 and 10% off for orders of 5.

Barley crusher was 100.00usd at the time.
I am extremely happy with mine.

The price is now 105usd.
website is www.barleycrusher.com

Crankandstein.com were also offering me 10% off a purchase of three mills. Plus shipping is comparitively less for three mills compared to one. Anyway, only thoughs. All good mills.

Justin,

You know that if you could possibly get a few of your friends together that all wanted a mill, I could definitely save you some bucks on shipping. It doesn't cost near as much to send the second mill, as the first. I have to pack them up in a big box anyway. I could even give you a small discount if you could get together at least three folks that wanted to order a CGM-2A or better, like say 10%. Talk to some of you brewing buddies, and let me know if you think you were interested.

Thanks,

~~fred francis
CrankandStein.com

JD

Well, FWIW I reckon the Valley Mill is a topnotch mill, and with 5 so far I bet I can get a better deal plus lower freight/unit

Jovial Monk

be it valley or bc you will be very happy as they are both top units.
btw ive got a bc

cheers
big d

All good mills. I'm not trying to sway you (or anyone else) either way, just posting the info for other's incase they want to look it up for future reference. I agree the Valley is a fine mill and had the price (and location) been right for me I would have definitely bought one. They look damn sexy.

Anyone thinking about getting a mill, just go for it, this is a good opportunity to save some dollars and remember a mill will last a lifetime (in the homebrewers environment anyway-plus if you drink enough beer to worry about wearing out a mill I have grave concerns that your body's going to be in worse shape than the mill :) ), so for a few dollars now you can enjoy the benefits of freshly cracked grain (and have one more toy) for years to come. I love milling my grain, and I also love buying 25kg's of grain at a time because it makes me look tough and hardcore (but it is also a bit cheaper and damn more convienient).

As I said I love my mill, it's also handy when you catch the cat next door shitting on your door step ;). Cat? What cat? Hey do you want to try my dead cat stout?

JD

Justin

Someone has to say it....

"Beer and pussy mixed together.....how good can it get!

The woman next door had the rollers set a bit too wide on her mill and looked what happened!

GRAIN_MILL.jpg

Hello all in brewland.

GMK, about your barley crusher can I ask what the final cost was after shipping, any taxes etc.

Thanks.

What happened was a mate of mine was doing some work in the states and bought the bc and a st pats 10 inch ss false bottom back with him...

Costs were approx 185.00 aus all up....

Latest posts

Back