Vale Ronnie Corbett

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-31/ronnie-corbett-dies-age-85/7290542

"...and its good night from him"

RIP, Mr Corbett.

ronnie.jpg

Edit: typo - Roonie should be Ronnie in the title.

Edit 2: some of Ronnie's old gags:

“French wine growers fear that this year's vintage may be entirely spoiled due to the grape treaders' sit-in.”

“We will be talking to an out of work contortionist who says he can no longer make ends meet.”

“All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand.”

“This is a message for seven honeymoon couples in a hotel in Peebles: Breakfast was served three days ago.”

“It was revealed in a government survey published today that the Prime Minister is doing the work of two men, Laurel and Hardy.”

“There was a fire at the main Inland Revenue office in London today, but it was put out before any serious good was done.”

“West Mersea police announced tonight that they wish to interview a man wearing high heels and frilly knickers, but the Chief Constable said they must wear their normal uniforms.”

“We'll be talking to a car designer who's crossed a Toyota with Quasimodo and come up with the Hatchback of Notre Dame.”

“We've just heard that in the English Channel, a ship carrying red paint has collided with a ship carrying purple paint. It is believed that both crews have been marooned.”

Damn. Used to love his monologues from the big chair, and I'll even admit to watching and laughing at 'Sorry!'. His scenes in Extras are, IMO, some of the best bits in an otherwise fairly disappointing show. From all accounts, a thoroughly decent bloke.

The chemistry that he had with Ronnie B was unsurpassed in their style of comedy review program. They may not have written all of the material but boy did they know how to deliver it, always very dryly and in a classical, understated British way.

and it's goodnight from me....... god I loved the Two Ronnies, it was great entertainment, much better than the shit they call television now!

The two Ronnie's were the absolute masters of the single entendre. Used to love that show and Ronnie C's monologues from the big chair were the best bits.

Back