Vacuum sealer problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Gents,

The missus has a Seal Ezy vac sealer. (Not as good as my Luvelo used in the brewery). And is having problems with it. When we use a small vac bag say 3-4 inches long it will suck out the air no worries. But if we try to use a larger bag of say around 8-10 inches long and filled with 4 steaks it won't suck ally air out.

It was working fine at first then stopped working properly. You hear the pump start to labour as it sucks all the air out of the chamber but for some reason it won't suck air out of the bag.
We are using the same bags cut from the same roll. I tested it on a smaller bag with a few marbles inside and it worked no problems at all. I've pulled it apart as I remember reading on here somewhere about certain models having a filter that needs cleaning but I couldn't see the filter anywhere.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

As above, I would test the bags with the same product with your sealer to check they are ok.

My sealer had a foam filter in the intake that broke down over time and had to be removed, but I have a different sealer that accepts commercial bags so it may be different. Have a look inside the machine, the vac side is just a rubber diaphragm (mine has two in it) with a set of one way valves. If the valves get crap around them it prevents them from creating a big vacuum which is needed to suck the air from the bottom of the bag once the top closes up. Pushing the meat towards the inlet often helps as it stops it from closing up.

I don't think the bag is the problem as it sealed when we tested it with a smaller cut bag and a few marbles inside. And it did seem to work with some of the meat even with larger cut bags.
I opened it up and didn't see a filter.

Kev is the diaphragm connected to the actual motor? Also what's that small round black disc looking thing on the circuit board that a vacuum line connects too?

Check out this post. In my first post I have a pic. At the top you can see the diaphragms, and in the middle you can see an inlet tube. Inside that tube is where the filter was, to get it out it was a matter of removing the rubber bung from the back and showing wire from the front to push it out.

I am not sure if this would help, but I had a similar problem but in reverse i.e.. big bag good, little bag bad. I have found with my sunbeam machine that the sealer is a bit warped. I have found that if I apply pressure to the middle it will work, otherwise it often will not. So it might we worth apply some pressure may be to the outside edges or the centre to see if that helps??

@kev...this unit looks nothing like that. The motor is connected to a plastic housing and I'm guessing the diaphragms are inside that perhaps.

@ Black n Tan..Cheers mate will give that a try.

Latest posts

Back