Vacuum Food Sealer (cryovac)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Def looking into geting one of these for hops, chilli's, and other stiff.

Love the pics of a 20c half tomatoe vac sealed in a $1 bag :eek:

Just eat it all FFS :p

Maxkon unit is looking very popular and well priced.

I have seen a couple comments on bags... but whats best?

I have done 3 seasons of hops in the sunbeam VAC440, never had any issues, always seals well and no deterioration in the hops.

As for bags, I have always just used the sunbeam ones (I do meat, jerky, hops etc) and never had an issue. Admittedly I always use those because I have been too lazy to look around for other bags.

get you bags from master butchers association if you have em over east, should get your costs down to 20 cents a bag last time bought em.

get you bags from master butchers association if you have em over east, should get your costs down to 20 cents a bag last time bought em.

I got a sunbeam VAC 440 a few years ago, the bigger unit, when they are getting rid of the old model and bringing in the new for $150 with bags and the wine bottle devise. Big unit that's has traveled up the north end of WA to do its job vac sealing fresh fish running off a generator.

judging by the cascade it just tore in half off one of my first year plants it will now be doing more than vac sealing hop pellets, malt and food

Not a bad idea, will talk to the local butcher next time I call in and see where they get them from and how much.

A woman i work with has one of these and loves it.
http://www.crazysales.com.au/maxkon-vacuum...-bag-rolls.html

Well I took the plunge today and bought this one, thanks for the link taztiger. I also got the canisters and spare bags but no idea what use the canisters will do me yet. I thought the bags were cheap and saved postage to get them at the same time. 28cm bags are only $28.45 for 2 x 10m rolls.

Thanks for everyone's discussion here.

Well I took the plunge today and bought this one, thanks for the link taztiger. I also got the canisters and spare bags but no idea what use the canisters will do me yet. I thought the bags were cheap and saved postage to get them at the same time. 28cm bags are only $28.45 for 2 x 10m rolls.

Thanks for everyone's discussion here.

i brought the same one and got it deliverd last week. its great. missus loves it too.

Just got the sunbeam vac660 as a 7 month early birthday present. looks pretty good so far have split up a big pack of hops and resealed them.
Hopie

I have one of the vac sealers that someone organised a bulk buy on a little while ago.
Whilst im happy with it 90% of the time its not without flaws. Sometimes it doesnt seal properly and you go to the freezer only to find that air has made its way into the bags and you might as well have used an ordinary freezer bag.
I'l had to strip the machine several times after some moisture has made its way into the pipes and caused it to block.
The vacuum mechanism often creases the bag which leades to a crease along the seal - again leading to leaks.

I'm going to buy one of those pressurized chamber vacuum sealers eventually because having a vac sealer is great!

I have one of those rebadged packaging center type sealers. The left clip to hold the lid closed on mine doesn't lock half the time (can be really annoying).

Latest posts

Back