Utter Horseshit....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
My weekend - which I look forward to so that I can relax and unwind from the stress of the week - was spent in vigourous exercise. We got a helluva dump of snow, beginning Friday afternoon, and while it's pretty much stopped now, it's forecast to dump some more.

The piles at the front of the house were knee height. The ones at the back were waist height. Now the front is my height (I'm 6'3") and the two at the back are about 6' each.

Front_Looking_NW.jpg

Front_1.jpg

Front_2.jpg

Front_3.jpg

Front_Looking_Back_to_Garage.jpg

Back_1.jpg

Back_2.jpg

Patio_Table.jpg

BBQ.jpg

I'm never, ever again buying a house with the garage at the back of the lot. Unfortunately I hear that Aussie real estate isn't exactly at a low point right now....<_<

Looks like a colder version of some SEQ brewers flooded backyards.

Same amount of water - your's is just icy!

Kev

Is it feasible to invest in a snow-doo style vehicle for 'depths of winter' transport NG?

I could go some snowboarding right now...

Is it feasible to invest in a snow-doo style vehicle for 'depths of winter' transport NG?

I could go some snowboarding right now...

They're only legal for off-road recreational use. In the city they're strictly verboten.

Whats all that white stuff..???

Did you bust a beanbag... :unsure:

The aboveground pool is nice and warm right now, Newguy.
Spent yesterday, the last day of my hols, floating round drinking wheats & Nelson Sauvin summer ales, after a lunch of prawns on ice.
Ahhh, summer in sydney.

Ah, memories of growing up in Holland.

I can remember some winters where we had so much snow that my mother had to start wearing sunglasses to prevent snow blindness from looking out at so much snow out of the living room window.

Snow looks lovely in pictures like that, but it's mostly a misery to live with. It will be even worse when it all starts to melt. Once that happens and it all turns to slush, the worst that could happen is another cold snap to freeze it all over into ice.

By the way, my in-laws house (2 minutes drive from us) is on the market. Care to make an offer?
http://www.portrealestate.net/property_details.php?id=758

Yep, I remember the misery of shoveling 4 feet of snow from a 30 foot driveway to get the car out of the garage to go to work.......it sucks.

When my wife complains of the "cold" Victorian winters, I remind her of what she grew up with.

and just when I'm getting homesick and miss the snow, you remind me of all the early morning shoveling just to get out of the driveway.

Back