Using up the dregs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I finally got around to doing a bit of a stocktake of my current hop stock... see attached:

In the past, ive usually just discarded little leftovers, however, Ive changed my mind and may as well try and make something since i have a couple empty kegs/cubes, and a few days off from work coming up.

I'll be honest, Ive never knocked a recipe up myself from scratch, usually gone on tried and true recipes found online/recipeDB.

Im generally an APA drinker and dont mind the odd IPA. Not huge on dark beers.

Can anyone suggest a basic recipe that may use up some/most of my leftovers?

I have temp control, and currently 1272 and 1056 ready for starters, happy to purchase more yeast if required.

So come on you knowledgable folk, help a brother out... please :)

Cheers
Ben

Edit: Happy to send you a couple longnecks in appreciation

View attachment Hops as of Feb 11th.xlsx

Apart from hops, you also need to advise what grains you have and the volume of what you want to brew?

I'd probably just take the nelson, cascade and chinook and make a 10 minute pale ale, or amber ale. Aiming for a 0.8:1 to 1:1 IBU to OG (adding other hops if you need to).

Grain bill, I dunno, there's so many ways you could go. As you don't have specific grains to use up, I would hijack one from another recipe.

Sorry, no specific recipe, just some ideas.

Cheers Felten,

Im still learning the zillion hop combos that work, I might just plug in the DSGA grain bill...

Add in 2 plugs of citra, gives 1.046 and 45IBU...

Noice, Cheers

Latest posts

Back