Using Sinamar At Bottling Time...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guysmiley54

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm bottling a black IPA tonight and I am using Sinamar for the first time. Here is a product description:

http://craftbrewer.com/shop/details.asp?PID=2996

Description says that it has an extract value of 40-45 Plato, will this affect my priming amount? Also, should I boil the product with my priming solution to sanitise?

My black IPA came out around 30 SRM. I really want to hit this up to around 35 and make it really dark... How much should I use?

Cheers

Well, I did some tests and worked it out!

I put 10gm of Sinamar in 100gm of water and got 1019 on my hydrometer. This is roughly half the extract potential of dextrose, so when I primed I reduced a portion of Dextrose to compensate for the extra fermentables in the Sinamar.

As I type this I am considering that there is a good chance that it is not all completely fermentable.... In any case I primed to 2.5 volumes so if it ends up a little short it will still be in style for the beer.

I added the Sinamar to my dextrose priming solution and sanitised it all in the microwave. I then racked my finished beer on top of it.

Fingers crossed...

Hi guys,

I'm bottling a black IPA tonight and I am using Sinamar for the first time. Here is a product description:

http://craftbrewer.com/shop/details.asp?PID=2996

Description says that it has an extract value of 40-45 Plato, will this affect my priming amount? Also, should I boil the product with my priming solution to sanitise?

My black IPA came out around 30 SRM. I really want to hit this up to around 35 and make it really dark... How much should I use?

Cheers

Guysmiley54 said:
Well, I did some tests and worked it out!

I put 10gm of Sinamar in 100gm of water and got 1019 on my hydrometer. This is roughly half the extract potential of dextrose, so when I primed I reduced a portion of Dextrose to compensate for the extra fermentables in the Sinamar.

As I type this I am considering that there is a good chance that it is not all completely fermentable.... In any case I primed to 2.5 volumes so if it ends up a little short it will still be in style for the beer.

I added the Sinamar to my dextrose priming solution and sanitised it all in the microwave. I then racked my finished beer on top of it.

Fingers crossed...

necro thread. how did you go guy? considering using this too for a brew

Back