Using Honey For A Spring Ale.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleman

Reaction score
Any thoughts and ideas into using honey in a kit beer ? I've just put down a coopers lager with 500 grams of liquid wheat and 500 grams of a new zealand organic honey. Yeast is safale US 05.

Aim to make a nice spring / early summer honey beer. First attempt ever for me with honey in the wort. Trying to please SWMBO :icon_chickcheers: Do ya think i'll get some honey flavour at all ?

Any other ideas thrown my way would be appreciated.

Yea i know..........search function. Tried that.

I recently made a summer ale which turned out amazing. You'll definitely get a presence of honey if you're using 500g. I used 320g of orange blossom honey which I picked up while travelling through the Barossa Valley in SA and it adds a beautiful sweet and floral aroma. Used that along with a can of Cascade imperial voyage pale ale, 500g of dried wheat malt, 200g of medium crystal, amarillo hops for a citrusy aroma and US05 yeast. The missus loves it too. This beer was meant to be for summer and there's barely any left now and it's winter haha

I recently made a summer ale which turned out amazing. You'll definitely get a presence of honey if you're using 500g. I used 320g of orange blossom honey which I picked up while travelling through the Barossa Valley in SA and it adds a beautiful sweet and floral aroma. Used that along with a can of Cascade imperial voyage pale ale, 500g of dried wheat malt, 200g of medium crystal, amarillo hops for a citrusy aroma and US05 yeast. The missus loves it too. This beer was meant to be for summer and there's barely any left now and it's winter haha
I'm drooling mate, that sounds delicious :icon_drunk:

Latest posts

Back