Using Honey and Dextrose to prime

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brente1982

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got a quick question,

Ive made my beez neez clone and used 1kg of honey. I want it to really have a distinct honey flavour and as such am wondering if i could do a 50/50 honey and dextrose bulk priming mix? Has anyone done anything similar and if so how did you work out how much of each to use. I know when using honey to bulk prime you generally have to use quite a lot if im not mistaken.

Ill have about 21L of wort, highest temp of 20 degrees and want around 2.3vol CO2.

Cheers

brente1982 said:
Hey guys, just got a quick question,

Ive made my beez neez clone and used 1kg of honey. I want it to really have a distinct honey flavour and as such am wondering if i could do a 50/50 honey and dextrose bulk priming mix? Has anyone done anything similar and if so how did you work out how much of each to use. I know when using honey to bulk prime you generally have to use quite a lot if im not mistaken.

Ill have about 21L of wort, highest temp of 20 degrees and want around 2.3vol CO2.

Cheers
Why not just do a 100% honey bulk prime then?

Back