Using Flaked Maize

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used popcorn a few times instead of flaked maize. Works a treat. I use an air popper, but the mwave should be fine.

BTW, don't try to crush the kernels. They are way harder than barley. Just pop 'em and chuck 'em in the mash.

I've used popcorn a few times instead of flaked maize. Works a treat. I use an air popper, but the mwave should be fine.

BTW, don't try to crush the kernels. They are way harder than barley. Just pop 'em and chuck 'em in the mash.

....without lashings of salt and butter! :p

Hey Kai. Im actually going for a mexican vienna - theres some recipes for them in the jan-feb 2006 BYO

"most mexican vienna lagers contain some corn in their formulation .. you could add up to 20% corn ... in your vienna lager"

All the recipes say to add it, and as I am looking to do a Dos Equis clone, I reckon I will as well ... thats one of my favorite lagers and now that Im geared to do them, I want to give it a shot.

I didnt realise that most viennas didnt have corn, thats the only article or reference ive really looked at!

Ah, a mex vienna.. I'll let you do that ;)

Latest posts

Back