Using co2 bottles in different locations?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
hi guys what’s the best way to setup my co2 bottle and regulator so I can disconnect it from my kegerator and take it into the brewery to pressure transfer into a keg from the fermenter?

Are those duotight fittings designed to connect and disconnect regularly?

Are those duotight fittings designed to connect and disconnect regularly?
No. They can be disconnected, but it's not what they're designed for. Also, you'll get sick of fiddling about with the duotight fitting pretty quickly :mad:.

hi guys what’s the best way to setup my co2 bottle and regulator so I can disconnect it from my kegerator and take it into the brewery to pressure transfer into a keg from the fermenter?
Depends how you have your regulator setup. If you just have the standard length of gas line with a corny keg quick disconnect on the end, just buy a carbonation cap, and clamp it on the end of whatever plumbing you have arranged for your fermenter-->keg transfer setup.

When your next brew is ready to keg, just pop the QD and take it into the shed to effect the transfer :drinkingbeer:.

No. They can be disconnected, but it's not what they're designed for. Also, you'll get sick of fiddling about with the duotight fitting pretty quickly :mad:.

Depends how you have your regulator setup. If you just have the standard length of gas line with a corny keg quick disconnect on the end, just buy a carbonation cap, and clamp it on the end of whatever plumbing you have arranged for your fermenter-->keg transfer setup.

When your next brew is ready to keg, just pop the QD and take it into the shed to effect the transfer :drinkingbeer:.
My gas bottle line runs through a non return valve and then through the kegerator wall to a bank of four gas taps. So I want to be able to disconnect it at the non return valve or before it and take it to the shed to pressure transfer. So I need a means of disconnecting it easily.

My gas bottle line runs through a non return valve and then through the kegerator wall to a bank of four gas taps. So I want to be able to disconnect it at the non return valve or before it and take it to the shed to pressure transfer. So I need a means of disconnecting it easily.
OK, so buy a bulkhead fitting. Disconnect the hose for your current setup completely at the regulator, remove the fitting from your regulator and insert the bulkhead fitting. Then attach a gas quick disconnect to the end of your existing keg setup, and another gas quick disconnect to your fermenter-->keg transfer setup.

This is assuming you're using a KL/KK regulator -- other brands may have different fittings that require a different solution.

I got jack of moving it so just bought a second bottle. Handy to have a spare in case the keezer one blows

Latest posts

Back