Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Using co2 bottles in different locations?

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Truman42, 16/6/19.

1. Truman42

Home Page:
    Posted 16/6/19
    hi guys what’s the best way to setup my co2 bottle and regulator so I can disconnect it from my kegerator and take it into the brewery to pressure transfer into a keg from the fermenter?

Are those duotight fittings designed to connect and disconnect regularly?

2. dkril

Posted 16/6/19
    No. They can be disconnected, but it's not what they're designed for. Also, you'll get sick of fiddling about with the duotight fitting pretty quickly :mad:.

Depends how you have your regulator setup. If you just have the standard length of gas line with a corny keg quick disconnect on the end, just buy a carbonation cap, and clamp it on the end of whatever plumbing you have arranged for your fermenter-->keg transfer setup.

When your next brew is ready to keg, just pop the QD and take it into the shed to effect the transfer :drinkingbeer:.

3. Truman42

Home Page:
    Posted 16/6/19
    My gas bottle line runs through a non return valve and then through the kegerator wall to a bank of four gas taps. So I want to be able to disconnect it at the non return valve or before it and take it to the shed to pressure transfer. So I need a means of disconnecting it easily.

4. dkril

Posted 16/6/19
    OK, so buy a bulkhead fitting. Disconnect the hose for your current setup completely at the regulator, remove the fitting from your regulator and insert the bulkhead fitting. Then attach a gas quick disconnect to the end of your existing keg setup, and another gas quick disconnect to your fermenter-->keg transfer setup.

This is assuming you're using a KL/KK regulator -- other brands may have different fittings that require a different solution.

5. Abird89

Posted 16/6/19
    I got jack of moving it so just bought a second bottle. Handy to have a spare in case the keezer one blows