Using 50 Ltr kegs.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Hi All. Just had to tap my mates keg but all it dispenses is froth. How can I fix it?

Lower pressure (8 psi), lengthen beer line to tap(around 2.5m of 5mmID line). You will still have a glass or 2 of foam until the tap chills. All this will only work if the keg wasn't over carbonated (shouldn't be) and has been cool and (relatively) stationary. (eg. didn't roll down stairs /off the back of a truck half an hour ago). Oh forgot don't open taps slowly.... fully open to fully closed quickly and smoothly.

What malt junkie said.. but also, perhaps less helpful, you're gonna need to give much more info than this. Explain the past 48hrs of the keg's adventures, preferably a week - where it's been, what's been done with it etc.

Hi All. Just had to tap my mates keg but all it dispenses is froth. How can I fix it?
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I used to much pressure. I put the keg into the fridge about 10 days ago so it didn't have movement or gas untill yesterday. Will drop the pressure and see how that goes.

Back