Uses for Empty Grain Sacks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat

Reaction score
Just wondering what people do with their empty grain sacks.
Looking for ideas on repurposing. I think they can be recycled through the RedCycle program at Coles and Woolies, after being cut down to size. It's got to be better than chucking them in the bin.

I drop a lamb every fortnight and use the grain bags from Malt and chicken feed to dump all entrails and skins into, then into the wheely bin.
Probably not helpful.:rolleyes:

I use mine for rubbish. However, they are compostible, the plastic breaks down quickly into harmless components if you bury them or leave them out in the sun - very short lifespan on these bags

I use mine for collecting green waste from around the garden and then when I have a load take then to the council green waste place.

I fill mine up with empty cans & bottles, then take them to the recycle depot to turn them into cash, then turn that into more brewing supplies.

I use mine for camping firewood. They get used many times over and only get binned when they can no longer carry the weight.

Back