Usa Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
righty oh .heres the problem.looked at the oz ebay site for beer tap handles and got a reasonable amount or so i thought.hit the usa site and holy shit 27 pages long and over 1300 items.whoa its long.
anyway some items say shipping in usa only.no probs others go anywhere.great.
so question is has anyone on this site bought off the usa ebay and how did it go.
if all went well im tempted to buy some of that fantaztic stuff as jeez they have heaps of flashy tap stuff and with our peso going well against the greenback it makes good buying value.
would love a slate stones ipa handle but hey.it may cost a bit in shipping as its kinda heavy.but then again what the ****.you only live once.if you can avoid the missus and her knives and rolling pins.
ps she knows how to fly on a broom
dog house for me again :ph34r:

cheers
big d

Hi Big D

My broom navigating Missus spends a fair bit of time on ebay and has bought stuff from US ebay. Got it sent standard airmail or Fedexed. Paid using PayPal, her credit card to their card, charge is only $2 to 5$ for the PayPal, all seems to work OK, not that I have anything to do with it.

cheers simon.just wondering about the size and weight of things.as ive worked out there can be a freighting time delay(grain crushers etc) so i guess its more of a small private sender sort of thing.do they have an equivelant to aust post over that way that has a set weight/freight rate kinda like oz post.or being mega populated do they have like 20+ different postage companies. :blink:

Morning Big D. Most places use USPS (ie. United States Postal Service), check their site out here: www.usps.com

From this you can work out international shipping charges from the weight of the package. Light things are suprisingly cheap with a reasonable delivery time. The trade off is the time you want to wait, dearer for quicker but with light items the 4-6 day (est., no sure how real this is) is pretty good. It's just with things like kegs, to save dollars you go the slowest shipping which works out at 8 weeks. I've been talking to a guy who bought 8 kegs from the states @$45 each with and 8 week wait.

But anyway, a lot of the sellers on US ebay are dealers and are pretty good. Read their feed back to see if they check out. That's how I found the guy above, off a feedback list that mentioned he was from oz. I'm going to buy some faucets off morebeer.com I think. But same deal, postage isn't that much. I don't know if you have tried to send heavy items here big D but trust me it aint that cheap here either.

Cheers JD.

JD, did the guy who bought the kegs from the US pay $45(US?) shipping per keg(!!) or for the 8 kegs (i.e. total)? I was quoted $44US for shipping for 2 kegs.

tony

Sorry, abit confusing. Kegs were and still are $14.50 US each (unreconditioned however) from www.brewersdiscount.com. Shipping off memory was $65 US for the four kegs sent in a box, snail mail-cheapest rates. It worked out to be $45 Aus landed for each keg and that is what I have been quoted also. Give the guys at RCB (same as brewersdiscount, one and the same) an email to find out. I have now talked to two different people who have done this with success.

PM me if I can give you any more info. I can send you all the emails that I have made regarding the kegs.

Cheers, JD

I think I failed to convey that again. $45 AUS each for the keg including the shipping when buying 4. ie. You could import 4 kegs from the states off these guys and it would cost you a grand total of ~$160 AUS. Sorry.

that sounds like a good price if your willing to wait.
what the go with them being unreconditioned though. can you use them immediatley or do you have to do more work on them once they are over here.

cheers

Good question Johnno. Do you just have to check the seals (and replace if necessary) or are there pressure tests that need to be done?

Their site has fully reconditioned ones for about $22 US doen't it? for an additional $32 (for 4 kegs) it might be worth it.....

OK so what do these kegs look like?
Are they the same fittings as our soda kegs?

Yep aparently so. Just 5 gallon ball lock syrup kegs. Will have to hurry though, they only have like 5800 left :p . It may be worth getting the recon ones but hey??

I found the pic , look like the same fittings as mine , may just have to have a couple.
Like to go halves with someone

Dammit... I want some too. Stupid bloody Christmas. We are moving to Brisbane so I won't be able to pick any up for at least 4-6 weeks...
/me wishes he could get some more kegs. :p

I have e-mailed RCB before Xmas and again yesterday but haven't recieved a reply. I am thinking they are on holidays still, but I am waiting for a reply so I can put an order in for some 3 Gal cornelius kegs. Can't believe it's cheaper to buy and ship kegs from the US!!! Someone in Oz is making a shitload of profit!!!

Hoops

Justin where did you see them for $14.50 , that site has them for $32.50

Hey hoops,
i wouldnt mind one or two little 3 gallon kegs...
wanna split the postage?
Cheers

Hi Batz,
The unreconditioned 5 gallon kegs were $14.50 US (on ebay and the website), it's the 3 gallon ones that are $32.50 US(reco'd). Reco'd 5 gallon are $22.50 US.

So, it works out as $52 Aus per keg for reco'd 5 gallons delivered if buying 4.(Total=$208Aus)
And $41.75 Aus per keg delivered for unreco'd if buying 4.(Total=$167Aus)
For 3 gallon kegs, $58 Aus per keg delivered if buying 4. (Total=$232.40Aus)

With the unreco'd ones it would probably cost more to recondition them here than to buy the reconditioned ones from over there.

Below is the first email reply I got from them (I think he's just covering his a$$). But since, as I said earlier, I have spoken to two other people that got them from these guys (one person in Perth, the other in Brisbane) and they had no worries. But anyway, it's up to you guys if you decide to have a go getting them sent here, or whether to just pay the extra and buy them here. I think I will get some from these guys in the states in the very near future after buying one or two off Craig Deacon to get me going ($70+postage~$15=$85 for me).

Hoops! Talking to my cousin who has a three keg set up said the metal scrapyard down the road from him had 5gallon kegs for $15 each about two years ago :( . Needless to say they don't have anymore and he's kicking himself that he didn't buy the whole lot (60 odd kegs). When people bought them early they were cheap as.

Cheers. JD

[Quote from brewer's discount]
The only way they can go is US Postal Service. Sometimes the larger boxes
don't go through due to the 79'' limit. We were able to get some out last
week. We are waiting and hopefully they made it. Last year I sent one
package parcel post and it was sent by air, three day delivery. USPS.com

4- 3 gallon kegs 30 lbs $54.10 4 to 6 week delivery
4- 5 gallon kegs 40 lbs $67.10 4 to 6 week delivery

We paid the shipping to USPS at time of shipping and it is marked on the
box.

Terry

Back