US election

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least our government is fairly moderate in comparison to USA. I mean Scomo may be a ... but the opposition is not much better. I have little faith left in government, but we are a far cry from the turmoil headed down on USA. At least we governed through COVID in a fairly unified manner.
You don't live in Melbourne do you

Donald J Trump. What can I say? I have really never trusted anyone who doesn't drink. Can you imagine playing ball with him as a kid? He probably didn't play with local kids. HE FIRED THEM ALL!

At least our government is fairly moderate in comparison to USA. I mean Scomo may be a ... but the opposition is not much better. I have little faith left in government, but we are a far cry from the turmoil headed down on USA. At least we governed through COVID in a fairly unified manner.
Too true mate, the comment was a bit tongue in cheek, in reality our state governments have aced it, federal on the other hand........... secret trip and cocktails in Hawaii while his country burns wtf! "Oh in hindsight that was a mistake" REALLY! And it's the states that have done the heavy lifting with Covid, we'll see how federal handles the recovery, I'm hopeful but not optimistic.
The Canberra bubble is little more than a Punch and Judy show, I voted for the sex party, and the very fast train party, figured if there was an orgy going on I needed to get there before it was over.
Two things you should never discuss in a pub, politics, and religion, and this is a forum for brewers who I assume are doing their due diligence and QA'ing their product so I'll leave it at that.

See ya later Donald, don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of the White House.

See ya later Donald, don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of the White House.

Before that happens, expect 2+ months of madness. Right now he thinks the Supreme Court will name him the winner (they can't) or that his clowncar collection of lawyers will overturn several state votes (they won't). After that he goes nuts. He never admits fault or defeat and he always seeks revenge. Look for firings and scorched-earth.

Noooooo!!! damn,bugger,arse, there goes my twice weekly "Planet America" entertainment 😭
Oh well, at least the next two months should be fun. :)
Although I'm a bit fearful his more radical supporters might do something even more stupid than voting for him. :rolleyes:

Although I'm a bit fearful his more radical supporters might do something even more stupid than voting for him. :rolleyes:

I think it were in Pennsylvania where a couple of Trump supporters got arrested for trying to deliver fake ballots, drove to the counting place in a Hummer loaded with Trump/Pence and MAGA bumper stickers and a QAnon hat and they were loaded to the teeth.

i'll miss him.
we actually started watching his whitehouse interviews regularly.
best comedy i've seen in years.

Next major thing will be in late January 2021 when he refuses to leave the White House. Will be interesting to speculate whether the Secret Service will arrest and evict him. Can't imagine the courts will be too interested in entertaining his ridiculous allegations of electoral fraud.

Next major thing will be in late January 2021 when he refuses to leave the White House. Will be interesting to speculate whether the Secret Service will arrest and evict him. Can't imagine the courts will be too interested in entertaining his ridiculous allegations of electoral fraud.

The scary thing is that he is still commander in chief until Jan 20th and there is no knowing what he could do in that time.

The scary thing is that he is still commander in chief until Jan 20th and there is no knowing what he could do in that time.
[/QUOTE]
If you're thinking war. rest assured the generals wouldn't obey him or the yes-men he's installed in the Dept of Defense. Nor would anyone arrest the Bidens.

One crazy possibility is a prolonged shutdown of government. That happens if the ceiling on the national debt is not lifted by 12 December. Electors cast their ballots on 14 December. The temptation for blackmail is there.

But the most probable outcome is one several commentators have posed. He leaves the White House on 20 January bellowing that he's the victim of a rigged election and a coup. He goes on tours appearing as #realpresident before his crazed base, but now charging speaker's fees. All the while he maintains a myth of a government-in-exile. By energizing his base he continues to bludgeon Republican politicians into obeying him. In 2024 he runs again if he's still healthy, which is not a given.

It's more peaceful here. Tony is in the UK. Clive is going nowhere. Sky News has tried to peddle hate and fear the way Fox does in the US, but with little success so far. I am missing out on a lot of excitement at home, but also a fast-mounting rate of COVID-19 infection.

Another scenario posited by a commentator on ABC recently is legal action against him once he no longer has the protections of the White House, apparently as President he can't pardon himself from any wrong doing, however the scenario put forward is that if Trump resigns making Pence President, Pence could then pardon him. It seems a bit conspiracy theory to me, but apparently it has happened before, and the way things have been going nothing would surprise me, mind you Trump would have to have an awful lot of faith (or dirt) on Pence.

My understanding is that Trump could appoint "acting" without the consent of the senate, so basically just fired anyone that disagreed with him, and put his yes men/women into the positions as acting.
Yankinoz may have a better understanding of it.
But yes, not a very sane way of doing things, and no-one has ever accused Trump of being stable.

My understanding is that Trump could appoint "acting" without the consent of the senate, so basically just fired anyone that disagreed with him, and put his yes men/women into the positions as acting.
Yankinoz may have a better understanding of it.
But yes, not a very sane way of doing things, and no-one has ever accused Trump of being stable.

POTUS can make acting appointments for up to 300 days, but there are constraints. They include eligibility rules and a a stipulation that a permanent appointment is not to be delayed. Of course Trump cares little about laws. His appointment to Secretary of Defence is likely not eligible and would end up in court if Trump actually did get a second term (he won't), and he has dragged out numerous acting appointments, federal judges included.

Latest posts

Back