Urn - Two Thousand Machinery Co

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Reaction score
Looking/dreaming at the next upgrade to the world of BIAB.
The 40L pot on the stove is OK but it takes a long time to heat up and it hogs the stove. This means my lovely fiance can't make me lunch as I'm brewing.

So, looking at urns. Lots of info on here about Crown, Birko, concealed, exposed, burn-dry cutout issues, mods and frying your urn, etc etc.
Another brand available but less common is "Two Thousand Machinery Co" and is imported from China. The TT-WB26 40 litre model is available if you hunt around, for under $200. It has a 3000W element so might actually perform better than the 2400W ones. I think it has an exposed element.

Does anyone have any knowledge of them, who can provide feedback, experience, hearsay?

Looking/dreaming at the next upgrade to the world of BIAB.
The 40L pot on the stove is OK but it takes a long time to heat up and it hogs the stove. This means my lovely fiance can't make me lunch as I'm brewing.

So, looking at urns. Lots of info on here about Crown, Birko, concealed, exposed, burn-dry cutout issues, mods and frying your urn, etc etc.
Another brand available but less common is "Two Thousand Machinery Co" and is imported from China. The TT-WB26 40 litre model is available if you hunt around, for under $200. It has a 3000W element so might actually perform better than the 2400W ones. I think it has an exposed element.

Does anyone have any knowledge of them, who can provide feedback, experience, hearsay?

Don't know much about the brand, but
3000w is more than what a 10amp power point can take. ie 3000/240 = 12.5amp, so you will need to use a 15amp power point.
You could get a 2400w element or a LPG burner for your current pot for way under $200. Search for 'keg king elements' and there is a few element options discussed within that thread.

QldKev

I wouldn't bother mate. There's been heaps of rants on the forum about Chinese made crap urns & this may just be another one.
I got mine this week from Ross & only a few dollars more than what you are looking to pay.

here

Just put the extra cash in and get a proper urn. Those cheap ones. Well. Sure, they could be good there is some merit to it. On the most part, and given users hard feedback.... the extra is well worth it for a crown or birko.

I'm sure if you order 100 or 1000 units they will put whatever company name on them you want!

Two Thousand Machinery Co
FAVOUR DEVELOPMENT LIMITED

http://www.twothousandco.com/

But which of the experts has actually bought one?

Well I enquired about the 3KW thing and apparently it is actually 2KW...
despite the model number linking to a 3KW model.
Danger Will Robinson, I will give this one a miss.

I just got one but haven't had the chance to use it yet. From this post (and from what I can see from mine) it's a rebadged Birko. There's references to a couple of them being for sale through this forum if you search.

I've got one of these: http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=2936
with this instead of the tap: http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1166

Sure it's not the cheapest option but it does a great job. No issues with a rolling boil without modifying the urn and the boil dry switch. Easy to clean and I don't worry (too much) about it setting the house on fire. I consider the extra expense for a known brand fire prevention insurance.

For longer boils I use a large wooden spoon (from a commercial catering shop) that has a flat end. I use this to scrap any build up off the element (being concealed it's flat) and this ensures that it doesn't loose it's vigour.

Cheers,

Ed

Decided to wait a while before I blew another $300 on bling.
Went to Bunnings today to get all the bits for adding taps to my 40L and 20L pots.

If you already have the pots you could just fit an element to it for a lot less than buying a new urn.

Decided to wait a while before I blew another $300 on bling.
Went to Bunnings today to get all the bits for adding taps to my 40L and 20L pots.

Latest posts

Back