Urgent pilsner help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
So now you have much stronger beer than intended. Your SG was initially fine. That's what happens when you panic. Brewing doesn't need panic.
My very first AG was a Yorkshire Bitter - I'd only used kits and extract up to then and the wort was very sweet, but the AG wort didn't taste very sweet at all. So I decided that the mash had somehow "failed" and I put in a kilo of dex to be on the safe side.
As I've posted before, my mate came round for the first tasting. It was wonderful but after four pints each I was wailing "Why did Princess Diana have to die?" and mate was a bit unsteady as well :p

Holy shit this got rancidly OT as quick as human remains in a sauna.

I agree with Warra.....best to buy your beer in boxes.....

...I certainly didn't misinterpret a post boil hydro reading and then go around like all get out to to do a mini boil with LDM and extra hops to get up to the right level....then finish at 1062....calculated to 6.7% ABV
so much for an easy drinking pale ale.......oh well there gonna be some lazy spring days....

Adr_0 said:
hey Warra, piss off: condescending, off-topic posts are best put up in The Lounge, or - better yet - kept to yourself. :)
All right then, if you say so.

Humble apologies for upsetting you and other gentle forum members.

Happy mothers day to you too.

yum beer said:
I agree with Warra.....best to buy your beer in boxes.....

...I certainly didn't misinterpret a post boil hydro reading and then go around like all get out to to do a mini boil with LDM and extra hops to get up to the right level....then finish at 1062....calculated to 6.7% ABV
so much for an easy drinking pale ale.......oh well there gonna be some lazy spring days....
That's a fair point, but it's pretty common to panic and make simple mistakes when there's a heap of information out there and it's your first time.

I'm sure the original poster has learned a lot now, anyway... :)

Just an update on this pils, put in the keg today.I fermented for 12 days,racked into a secondary for 3 weeks. Had a taste today when kegging, excellent clean beer with a nice light hop taste. Can't wait for it to have bubbles, should be very refreshing

Latest posts

Back