URGENT! CO2 Cylinder Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyedwards

Reaction score
I cannot turn my gas cylinder on or off. It goes a quarter turn only.
The reg says the cylinder is still pretty full, and if I open up the valve on the reg, it will just fill the kegs.
I have tried to loosen the nut, and when I do so all the CO2 escapes from the cylinder.

Should I loosen nut and let CO2 run out whilst running madly through the house to the outsude?

Leave it and hope that it will come good?

Worry and call the HAZMAT team?

The cylinder is one that I purchased about 2 years ago, has never been dropped or exposed to massive temp changes.

Thoughts?

is it just the tap thing spinning on the actual post??

take the nut off remove the tap lever and try a pair of pliers to turn the valve post.

other than that can u just take the dissconnect off your keg get it too the right pressure again and then add it when needed... saves wasting gas then next time its empty go get it fixed?

Why do you need to turn it off anyway? Mine gets turned on when I connect it and turned off when I take it to get filled / swapped.

Kiwimike said:
Why do you need to turn it off anyway? Mine gets turned on when I connect it and turned off when I take it to get filled / swapped.
Same here.
Don't stress dude

i recently had a my near full keg on legs cylinder begin to leak out the valve at the top when "on" i could turn mine off but.

i took it to a pressure testing mob for a quick looksie at the front desk and they told me the valve would need servicing but best to return it to the point of sale being swap and go.

sounds like yours may have a valve issue ?

if i was you i would disconnect but leave the reg on (but the reg OFF) and go get it checked

if the bottle went woooossshhh then there might be a dangerous situation

Ross the legend @ CB spoke to the keg on legs man and it was swapped free of charge on the spot even though i had not swap and go'ed at CB but i will now for ever and ever :)

Back