Urgent C02 Needed - Refill Or New Cylider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenymang

Reaction score
Hi,

I had just started carbonating some beer for a Boxing day BBQ tomorrow and suddenly noticed the C02 supply was non-existent. It's my own fault for not checking on this earlier in the week but... well, now I'm buggered.

Anyone know where I can get a refill for a Keg King cylinder tomorrow morning in Sydney? Or purchase a new cylinder that will fit on a Keg King regulator? Really need to pour beer for about 20 people tomorrow (or will have to make a trip to the bottle shop)

This is what I have:
http://www.kegking.com.au/gasbottlesandregulators.html

Cheers

Not 100% sure but I think the ozito co2 cylinders at bunnings are maybe the right size. Might be worth taking in the reg and checking on the spot.

Not 100% sure but I think the ozito co2 cylinders at bunnings are maybe the right size. Might be worth taking in the reg and checking on the spot.

Thanks mate, but I checked the trading hours - just my luck it's closed... damn

Short of having a brewing mate to borrow off I'd say you are stuffed, unless you have a soda stream adaptor as big w will be open for the Boxing Day sales and you could have done the Ross method.

Short of having a brewing mate to borrow off I'd say you are stuffed, unless you have a soda stream adaptor as big w will be open for the Boxing Day sales and you could have done the Ross method.

No soda stream adaptor - I've never needed one!! oh well, looks like i'm drinking commercial beer then..

If I had a bottle to lend you I would, sorry I can't be of more help.

The other solution is you get your soda stream machine, and some gas line connected to your gas QD, heat the gas line up in boiling water, then slip it over the probe/dip tube thingie on the soda stream machine (if you've already got a soda stream machine sitting around)
then just give the button on top of the soda stream a quick burst when the beer isn't coming out anymore

How carbed is the beer? If it is just for pushing it out, I'd ghetto it up and use air via a bike pump or something.

If you need to carb the beer, then this wont work obviously...

Surely there would be someone in your area that could help you out? Are you member of a club, or have you met local brewers? PM them.

Call your Local brew shops, chances are someone is sitting in there doing the paperwork/restocking/whatever and could help you out... I know there's usually someone at my local on closed days. If they can't refill, ask them for a loan bottle.

Where there's a will there's a way (most of the times).

Good luck, let us know how you went!

Try to get a soda stream adapter. You can then always grab a sea stream bottle in an emergency.

I keep a few of my old keg charger bulbs around as a ternary backup if my 540g dieman bottle runs out whilst on duty

If you can be bothered to drive over an hour to northern beaches i have a spare bottle you could use - should have enough gas for a few kegs :)
It is Christmas after all.

Thanks all for the advice and the generous offers, but most of all to Felon, who came through with a spare cylinder, just a short drive from my house. Very much appreciated mate!

No problems. Have a great xmas party. :icon_chickcheers:

Back