Urgent! - Beersmith Issues!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adryargument

Reaction score
Heeeelp!

Backing up everything today.
However before i started my computer froze while using beersmith.

Once i rebooted i copied the folder to my backup and then checked the program to see if it was working.
All my settings, equipment profiles and everything are still there - but all recipes have been removed.

Anyone know where they are saved on the harddrive?

I have reloaded my backup'd copy and same issue - i believe something may have happened in the crash.

Cheers

Heeeelp!

Once i rebooted i copied the folder to my backup and then checked the program to see if it was working.
All my settings, equipment profiles and everything are still there - but all recipes have been removed.

I have reloaded my backup'd copy and same issue - i believe something may have happened in the crash.

Cheers

Good luck!
Recipes are saved in \Beersmith2\BS2_Documents as far as I'm aware.

Heeeelp!

Cheers
This exact thing happened to me recently.
In your beersmith folder, wherever you chose to install it, you'll find files called recipes1 etc. etc.
One of these will be your most recent backup, which beersmith does on your behalf...
This is all assuming beersmith 2, but it should be the same for one, I'm not on my computer now so I can't check for certain...

Here's the text I got from Brad from beersmith on the issue, worked like a charm...

"Make a backup copy of Documents/Beersmith2

Then try opening the backup files which are called Recipe1.bsmx, Recipe2.bsmx, etc as these have complete copies of your recipes for the last few times you used the program. You may be able to recover your data there.

Brad"

Cheers Brad, absolute lifesaver.

Only lost two recipes which i brewed yesterday - hopefully my memories not to far gone.

Back