Upgrading To Full Version Promash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been using the evaluation version of Promash for all my grain brews so far but have recently bought the full version but haven't installed/set set it up yet because I have a few questions.

Can someone who has used the evaluation version then upgraded to the full version please tell me, does the installation of the full version just open some of the aspects of the evaluation version or is it a complete set of new files?

My next question involves, what will happen to all my settings (default settings, inventory, recipes, sessions etc.) when I upgrade? Will these be lost, will I need to manually move them over to the full version or will they already be there.

I'm just trying to find out what I will need to transfer from the eval to the full version, or if I even need to do that, in order to not lose any of my hard earned settings and recipes.

Thanks.

JD

Hey Justin I'm not sure if the full version clobber the old one or not but I do know that all the dat file live in this directory. "C:\Program Files\ProMash" So you can just do a backup of this and reload the recipes and what ever else you need out of here. You can save your settings to a file so just save them to somewhere you can find them like the desktop then install the full version and load those original settings. this should work a treat.

Yeah I was thinking about this option. I might do it just in case unless anyone else can shed some light on the topic. I have been "tweaking" a certain .dat file with my evaluation version so I know where most of the important stuff is sitting. It's just I'd like to save myself the trouble.

Cheers and thanks on that B'fella.

JD

You download a completely new install file. You could try installing over the top of the trial (back up first) or as bigfella suggests there is probably a dat file of some sort that you can copy over once it installed.

Either way provided you note all your settings it should only take 5mins to restore them manually.

Back