Upgrading To 3 Tap Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Resurrecting this one (came up in my search and turn out I've asked this question before!).

Well, current plan is to get the 3 tap cobra bradsbrew is offering and pair it on to a kegerator series 3. Has anyone installed a cobra font on their kegerator? Does it fit straight away or does it need modding? Also, does it stick out on the inside too much? - blocking a keg?

I have the 3 tap cobra style font from keg king. You have to drill out the existing hole a little bit. Also the tails on the font from keg king needed to be cut a little shorter as they interfered with the kegs when you have 3 in the kegerator. I can put some pics up if you want to see how I set mine up.

That would be ******* awesome mate. I could just about convince cocko to come over and pleasure you if you would put up pics.

Bearing in mind this one is a flooded font the cooling lines drop 22cm below the base plate.

20140301_191528.jpg

20140301_191400.jpg

Hey guys, anyone know if anyone sells a 3 tap 'tee' font? I know keg king have a 4 tap model but I really need one with just the 3 taps. Thanks in advance. Beau

There you go, notice I've cut the all the connections shorter to fit 3 kegs in ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393726903.828735.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393726927.615328.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1393726942.167837.jpg

Sorry read that wrong, andale sell 3 tap tee fonts, If your prepared to put another mortgage on the house
lukec said:
Keg king also sell 3 tap, mine is keg king one
Keg king also sell 3 tap, mine is keg king one
snow_beast88 said:
Hey guys, anyone know if anyone sells a 3 tap 'tee' font? I know keg king have a 4 tap model but I really need one with just the 3 taps. Thanks in advance. Beau

Thanks like. Those pictures are worth a 100 words. Think I'll need to either make a spacer to go on top or cut those tubes like you have.

PS: cool bayonet Brad.

Goddamit tony is set to not receive messages :(

Is anyone running perlick 525ss taps on the triple cobra font as above? if I went down this road I just wanted to knoe if adaptors etc. were needed to fit them on correctly? cheers guys

snow_beast88 said:
Is anyone running perlick 525ss taps on the triple cobra font as above? if I went down this road I just wanted to knoe if adaptors etc. were needed to fit them on correctly? cheers guys
Yep, I'd also be keen to know if anyone has coupled perlick taps to one of these cobra fonts.

Any one able to report how cool this KK cobra stays in summer?
Does the cold from the fridge get conducted quite well through the metal and metalic lines, without pumping water/glyclol through it?

tlarnold47 said:
Yep, I'd also be keen to know if anyone has coupled perlick taps to one of these cobra fonts.
I'm in the same boat, looking at getting one of these setups for my kegmaster 3 fridge (using perlick flow control taps as well). guessing i'll have to cut a bit out to make the thread fit through too. Anyone who's done it got any comments/suggestions?

Latest posts

Back