Upgrading The Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just scored a 420 liter all fridge, and with xmas just around the corner,,,,, ;)

so the plan is to have 4 19 liter kegs and 1 9liter keg, and use the left over space for bottles and glasses
at the moment I am leaning towards the flow control taps so i can have the beer lines as short as necessary to open the door.

I know heaps of guys have done this in the past, if you where going to do this again is there any things that you would of done differently?
or any tips welcome!

once i get going I will post some pics!

if you where going to do this again is there any things that you would of done differently?
or any tips welcome!

once i get going I will post some pics!

I would have gone flow control taps straight up! you have that right....

Look forward to some pics!

Happy drilling!

+1 flow control. King Keg taps around $45 each I think. Not flash but do the job, I've got 3 and they get flogged.
Cheers
BBB

+1 flow control perlick forward sealing taps

Make sure you can't fit any more kegs in ;)

In my 3 keg fridge, I worked out how to fit four kegs. In my 4 keg, 5.

Make sure you can't squeeze any more in

Sorry to hijack Robbo but Im looking at doing the same to my keggerator. Are we talking about these taps here.

taps.PNG

If so, how are these mounted in the door of the fridge? They dont sem to be long enough. (The text mentions shank assembly so is that whats used to pass through the fridge wall??)

Also if Im using them in my fridge door should I be buying plastic as they wont be used in a chilled font???

Sorry for the dumb questions but Ive never ventured into this before, and have just been using a pluto gun.

Kinda, search for flow control taps. You can adjust resistance at the tap. You need a long shank too, the tap screws into the shank and the shank goes through the door.

Kinda, search for flow control taps. You can adjust resistance at the tap. You need a long shank too, the tap screws into the shank and the shank goes through the door.

Ok thanks for that.

Nice font Mckenry, but how do you stop your bludging mates frigging around with all those control knobs when you're not watching?

Nice font Mckenry, but how do you stop your bludging mates frigging around with all those control knobs when you're not watching?

Ha - I tighten them right up when the pour is just right.

When you self serve at my place, you're on your last warning. Any mucking around like that gets a 1 month ban, 1st offence :lol:

just placed an order 2 hours ago for 4 of these (the perlicks above) from the states.

Can't wait!

From kegerator to blingerator in about 2-3 weeks!

Cheers,
D80

I would love the Perlicks but thats not going to happen, I will go for the cheap knock off's any one know where to get a good deal on em?

Back