Update

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coodgee

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick update on what I have in the fermenter at the moment, and what's in fridge.

Currently in the fridge:

22L my version of SFAPA

22L of a pilsner with an Ale yeast

22L Mexican Cerveza

Currently in the Fermenter as of last night:

22L SFAPA MKII

22L Coopers Pale Ale kit (with a little LME and about 50grams of steeped crystal, a little aroma cascade hops)

Two of the ones in the fridge are 3 1/2 weeks old, so I think I will go and get a Co2 bottle next weekend and hopefully be pullling my first beer in the new keg setup by sunday arvo in a week's time!!

What does everyone else have on the go at the moment?

Assuming you are kegging, did you naturally carbonate in the kegs?

Did you put any gas (CO2) into the kegs when you filled them.????

Coodgee, a pilsner with an ale yeast is something ive never heard of before seeing as im new to the whole game and all. What yeast are you using exactly? Has anyone brewed on of these before and know the results of this?

I currently have a pilsner in the fermenter using whitelabs old bavarian lager yeast. Hoping it holds out ok even though the temp has been a bit high the last few days.

berto, i'm very new to brewing too. the pilsner with ale yeast is just an experiment.

normell, I've just said twice that I HAVEN"T PUT ANYTHING IN A KEG YET.

(don't take offence).

easy now, what normell was getting at was the fact that you didnt burp the keg. ie get rid of the air in inside the headspace of the keg and replace it with co2.

EDIT
and like normell i didnt read your post properly... thinking you put the beer in the keg already...

No offence taken, but next time make it fuckin CLEAR.
When you said Currently in the fridge:

22L my version of SFAPA

22L of a pilsner with an Ale yeast

22L Mexican Cerveza
I thought that you had kegged them.

Hey Coodgee, you will never go back after you start kegging.
I'm still learning about kegging, using filters, gassing through the liquid dispensing post, and have been kegging for a couple of years now.
But the best way around a problem, is to ask.
Normell

Latest posts

Back