Unknown Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richo

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out on what type of keg this is and is it any good for home brewers.

Aound about 20 litre keg, it has a pressure relief valve, the spear is attached to the keg coupler - Keg Coupler is a screw in type, it has a quick connect for gas and has 2 liquid (cross bred) ballock pinlock fittings.

This was given to me, but is no good for my kegging setup, so I will sell on E-Bay or to someone on this forum who may be interested.

100_2151.JPG

100_2154.JPG

Cheers,
Richo

That looks a lot like the Asahi kegs I've seen around the traps..

I might be interested if those QD's take Rheem pinlock disconnects.

Its an old ballast keg or washout keg from back in the keg spear days.
You put one in the line at the end of a but to intercept foam.
Myton / Rheem made them; they are the same pressing as a 22L postmix keg, without the hatch cut-out and just 1 of BSP fitting welded in.

The pinlock fittings will be 2 pin commercial rather than 2 & 3 pin Postmix.

MHB

A bit more info about the keg it is branded;

Firestone and made by

Mytton Grosvenor - Melbourne Australia

A few more pics attached, hope this help

100_2152.JPG

100_2150.JPG

Firestone and made by

Thanks Richo, don't think I can use it.

Firestone and made by

If you could be bothered modding it and cutting out the hatch etc they are really great kegs. The material they are made from is about twice as thick as a US corny and are built like a tank. I was given one a while back but luckily it already had the hatch and dip tube ports fitted. I had to get new posts for it as it had some weird ones fitted, so in the end it cost about the same as buying a secondhand corny as the two posts were about $30 ea. But its still one of my favourites as its quite skinny in diameter so fits in the fridge well.

Not that i need another keg but what sort of price were you looking at Richo.?

Big D

As i said before Richo im not after a keg.I was just thinking a price from you may help those who are after this style of keg if they want it as is or want to do a bit of work to it to put a lid into it.

Big D

Looking at around $90 and live at Tahmoor NSW and can be picked up at Sydney

or can be posted

Will also be listing on E-Bay tonight

I also have a old Tooths Keg with CUB fittings listed on E-Bay for any commercial keg home brewers

Cheers
Richo

Back