Uni-party Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
This tickled my fancy...

I suggested to some poor uni friends that fater they finished their study and while thy're looking for work, we have a party to celebrate. They always do good parties and have lots of lovely uni-chicks show up as well.
I had 1 x 20L of american strong ale that had been lagering for about 3 weeks but was mostly experimental as well as a more refined pale clone that was freshly racked into a lagering vessel only days before but already a damn fine drop.
The morning before the party a mate dropped by with his nice newish 20L keg (instead of my dodgey old 20L leaker) and a bottle of gas.
We had a taste and to my surprise he picked the roughy experimental yank ale. Couldn't rave enough about it. I thought the other was a smoother lower IBU brew that would be more socially acceptable but he persisted so we spent the next 20 minutes shaking and gassing.
Anyway, later at the party, I rock up a bit late and there's all these people drinking schooners of my HB everywhere. I'm amazed. A few finish a few CPA stubbies first but then hop into the keg. Luckily there were no tools there to start twiddling with the gas regulator (Jeebus that sh*ts me!). One bloke asks me as I'm pouring a brew, "How did you buy it in a small keg like that?" (massive compliment! blown away!)
Didn't know what to think so just kept quiet and kept drinking.
Come back to the keg later and there's this nice chick (sorry femanists, i meant to say homo-erectus stunningus) who was about to grab a refill herself. I offer to fill her glass and while I am ask her "Do you like the beer?"
She replies nonchalantly "Yeah." <nods>
I smile and say "Thanks, I made it."
Her jaw drops to the ground and she says "That's it, I'm giving up brewing forever!"

<my jaw drops>

"Y, y , you brew as well?"
<violin music plays in the background, close up, blurry passage of time, and I take her and some other chicks through a guided tour of the dozen longnecks of assorted brews I stashed in the fridge earlier that day. Belgian Wits, funky experimental brews and watery fizzy lagers!
What feedback! Some surprises for sure.

Anyhow, the next day I ring the owner late in the afternoon after an awesome party to see if he can round up a couple of those champers longnecks so I can refill them.
He can't find them, oh wait, there they are, the brewer chick had rounded them all up, Rinsed Them, And Had Left Them Draining In The Sink!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen, I'm in Love!

I know it's a temporary chemical imbalance of the brain something akin to a mental disorder, but damn it, I want to see this vision of brewing lovelyness again!

(maybe while the missus is at work?)

Brew for a friend!

That, right there, is hot. Incredibly hot.

You lucky *******. Refer her to AHB at once.

I invited another chick from the local grog store and she said SHE's a beginner brewer as well! Her sister's boyfriend gave her a kit.
She said she often reads different sites but never posts.
Interesting eh?
I saw a female post on another site once, was like a chip being thrown into a massive flock of stoned and pathetic, desperate seagulls.
(hey, it was ANOTHER site! After meeting a few brewers from THIS site, I can honestly say it's astounding how we look like James Bond.)

What have you been doing going to uni parties PoL ? :lol:

Sounds like you have something in common there tangent. Hope you got her phone number.

Beers,
Doc

Time for a member gender poll ?

Will this finally lead to an end to the stereotype of homebrewers as dads fermenting vile substances in hot sheds?

From this experience I can also add, If you want to pick up chicks, walk alongside a main road late on a friday afternoon with a sacktruck holding a gas bottle and keg.
"Where's the party?" from almost every carload of women driving past.
Amazing ;)

Geez, tangent. If you do that regularly then I'm going to be trawling the streets, glass in hand and looking for you.

Im female and I brew can't seem to get any of my female mates interested in it though.

Hi Dainty,
have you got them all pissed on your lovely brews?
It works wonders towards homebrew-relations.

Thats my next step into getting them interested is letting them have a few brewski's. I enjoy knowing that I made it and Im drinking it.

RobW said:
Time for a member gender poll ?
[post="78157"][/post]​

Did this one a while back... These polls are purely an 'honesty' system though, and I don't trust anyone else at AHB any more than I trust myself! :p

I missed that one. Thanks

you have to subscribe before i can tell you the rest...

Back