Under Carbed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukasfab

Reaction score
i have a DSGA that I bottled 3/6 and tasting today and it seems under carbed, has stuff all head and just taste flat

does it need longer or have I under carbed?

can i open and add more sugar?

Need more info.

How much priming sugar?

How was it added?

If bulk primed, what was the warmest it got to while fermenting or conditioning?

Very important - at what temp has it been sitting since in the bottles?

Yes you can add more sugar but I wouldn't until you figure out what has happened (and then calculate the exact amount you want to add and accurately add as a solution to each bottle).

sorry mate, should have added more info

I put about 1.8g dextros straight into 355ml bottles the filled at about 17 18 deg
bottles have been sitting at about 17 average

cheers

Were they at 17 during fermentation or did they reach a significantly higher point?

A very quick calculation (that I may have stuffed up) suggests that your rate is around about 90g for a 20 L batch. This will give quite low carbonation and if your beer has been cold at all during carbonation time or if your beer reached warm temps for a while during fermentation, this low carb could easily be little/no carb in the time frame you suggest (less than two weeks).

Bring a couple inside, put them in a warm water bath and test them in a week. If they are no better, then think about opening and re-priming. If they are better, even if not perfect, then wait and try and keep the rest at 18-20 consistently.

brewmate shows 95g for 20l

a carbed to 2 as suggested by DSmurto

fermented at 18deg in the temp controlled fridge

has been cold lately especially at night, will do the warm water thing or bung them the fridge at 18-20deg as i will be fermenting a hefe this weekend

Back