Unbranded 30 litre boiler / urn?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingggo

Reaction score
Hi folks,

The LHBS got a mysterious unbranded 30 litre boiler in, and I was gonna buy it for a steal.

But it made me wonder if others have acquired unbranded boilers and what their experience has been.

I'm kind of wondering whether it's going to be essentially identical to a mangrove jacks boiler or something; but the chinese factory shipped a few unbranded ones.

Cheers,
B

Hi folks,

The LHBS got a mysterious unbranded 30 litre boiler in, and I was gonna buy it for a steal.

But it made me wonder if others have acquired unbranded boilers and what their experience has been.

I'm kind of wondering whether it's going to be essentially identical to a mangrove jacks boiler or something; but the chinese factory shipped a few unbranded ones.

Cheers,
B
I know Keg King had a boiler with bag, false bottom etc which came from the factory which makes the Guten, don't know if they are on the market or even if an order has been placed as yet.

This one looks identical to the older Turbo 500 boiler to me (30L), other than having no identifying marks on the boiler at all, assuming the T500 used to have these indented elements I haven't seen before. The tap is identical as well. The box was marked Item QU008881. As shown in the photo, there is a little raised trail of white/grey residue, which chipped off a little under my fingernail. I'm wondering what this could be, and if it's likely to be food-safe :)

Appreciate any tips,
B

Attachments

• element.jpg
    element.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back