ultratap or intertap? is there a difference?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for what then?

For having something to improve on at all? Are you too proud to admit that one simple truth? If these people never worked for KegKing you wouldn't have had the Fermentasaurus to work with, good bad or ugly.

The Intertap and Ultra Tap were made for different reasons and apart from sharing the forward sealing aspect the Ultra functions better. We never hid the fact that it was a design which we purchased and we improved it so that our clients can get the best pour which we can provide for their money. In fact we proudly made a video with the inventor so all could see the pedigree of the faucet.

I simply said these taps are copies (now licensed ones) of another design. I am not saying they're bad (I own 3x intertaps) or that they don't work well just that they are not an original KegKing invention.

I could spend time knocking the stuff you mention here but others have seen the reality the existence of which seems to bother you a lot.

I mentioned these products for WEAL as he seems to rain down the hate on anything KegLand bring out. I did say by mentioning them, it doesn't mean they are good or better than anything else.

For having something to improve on at all? Are you too proud to admit that one simple truth? If these people never worked for KegKing you wouldn't have had the Fermentasaurus to work with, good bad or ugly.

I simply said these taps are copies (now licensed ones) of another design. I am not saying they're bad (I own 3x intertaps) or that they don't work well just that they are not an original KegKing invention.

I mentioned these products for WEAL as he seems to rain down the hate on anything KegLand bring out. I did say by mentioning them, it doesn't mean they are good or better than anything else.
Have not seen you calling anyone out for copying our snubnose idea? Enough said.

That [NOT shit canning the competitors product] is quite valid. Its also the reason why I have no interest to engage in any stunts as suggested earlier here no matter how the poster tried to frame it. Its just not a business like approach.

For your information the Kegasaurus design was examined and found to be not fit for purpose as well as being potentially dangerous

Righto.

CEO Keg King is quite clearly the Donald Trump of home brewing. He spends more time blaming the previous administration by posting on AHB than running his business. All his products are beautiful, perfect products, the best.

Sarcasm is not a particularly highly developed form of wit is it now? If you are looking for lies try the posts on the Super Deluxe fridges and you will find them there aplenty.

Thanks for reinforcing my point.
You know for every comment that I get from people who are not here for the truth, information and the camaraderie of the brewing fraternity I get a hell of a lot more who wish me well for standing up and not letting BS go unchallenged. FYI it is not my business and I don't take any pay for what I do but I take great delight in leading a really great team of people who are determined to do their best for our customers. Its not easy being a manufacturer in Australia at the best of times but we do it and a lot of people especially now commend us for this and encourage us. Not sure why you come to denigrate but would be happy to chat with you personally to see if maybe you might see things differently with a little more information. Wish you a pleasant evening and hope we can talk.

Jesus just shut up already.

I was and still currently am a customer of both KK & KL but after all the crap that gets posted by the KK crew it’s gonna be so much harder to process any future purchases with KK. It’s almost at the point where I’d rather deal with KL being consistently out of stock than purchase from KK.

Our club had a chat about this and we all feel the same way. It’s absolutely pathetic.

You probably think you’re vigilantes if the Aussie home brew world, spreading the truth about how kee made up some stories about a fridge and how KL are trying to steal your customers by making a Chinese website using your name...who cares?!! I can guarantee you haven’t lost a single Australian sale from that website. In fact, I recon most people didn’t even know the website existed until you guys started sharing it in every post you make.

If I were you I’d seriously be considering the way you conduct yourself online. You claim to be the CEO of keg king but you’re acting like a teenage girl.

Beercoder - just got a message from a member here that you work for Kegland. So I guess that explains a lot if true.

Jesus just shut up already.

I was and still currently am a customer of both KK & KL but after all the crap that gets posted by the KK crew it’s gonna be so much harder to process any future purchases with KK. It’s almost at the point where I’d rather deal with KL being consistently out of stock than purchase from KK.

Our club had a chat about this and we all feel the same way. It’s absolutely pathetic.

You probably think you’re vigilantes if the Aussie home brew world, spreading the truth about how kee made up some stories about a fridge and how KL are trying to steal your customers by making a Chinese website using your name...who cares?!! I can guarantee you haven’t lost a single Australian sale from that website. In fact, I recon most people didn’t even know the website existed until you guys started sharing it in every post you make.

If I were you I’d seriously be considering the way you conduct yourself online. You claim to be the CEO of keg king but you’re acting like a teenage girl.
Thanks for venturing an opinion about what we think but have to disappoint you in your guessing. Your choice where you buy and what you think but we will continue to provide a good selection and service and the rest is irrelevant. Your guarantee is useless internationally where this matters most and has damaged us. So let me know which club and I will be happy to front and explain our actions. Not very familiar with actions of present day teenage girls so leave that to your experience. We just have a job to get on with and do our best to service those who like what we offer.

Please this is a beer forum, can we leave the issues between the kegs at home for a while.
It really is pissing off a lot of people.
I think that apart from a couple of exceptions not many people are all that interested.
Sure answer questions about your products when asked, launch new goodies... but for Gods sake quit the non stop slanging match.
There are no winners in this type of discussion, politics and religion would be much safer topics!
Mark

Fully agree so just tell those who continue to bait where to go and get back to talking about taps which is where this started.

It's getting to the point where I want both KK and KL to **** off and stay off this forum. If we want to reach you we'll reach out to you via other channels. Your dirty laundry has killed the forums completely and you're offering nothing positive.

Beercoder - just got a message from a member here that you work for Kegland. So I guess that explains a lot if true.
@beercoder has stated previously they are working with kegland on electronics for fermentation chambers

this thread pretty much captures the entire sentiment of AHB - who even needs a topic?

Yes, so the thread asks is there a difference between Inter/Ultra taps and we can put a line under it and say yes, minor design changes however they are very similar and probably both do the job well. If you already had Intertaps not sure it would be worth buying new taps of any breed however if you are in the market then I would consider the Ultratap or any other options like the Nukatap or Perlick etc. etc.

I was interested in some more Intertaps ( why Intertap? Because I have the alternative spouts). So I looked on here and it’s the same old crap!
yesterday I had seen similar stuff on FB but about a person I actually respect! Its tiresome! So now I’m looking at holding off buying anything to do with KK or KL! And as you would know CEO KK I regularly praise your products! And for the lurkers from KL I have certainly given your stuff high praise if justified.
but now I’m over it!
might find me some Perlicks on EBay!
cheers

I was interested in some more Intertaps ( why Intertap? Because I have the alternative spouts). So I looked on here and it’s the same old crap!
yesterday I had seen similar stuff on FB but about a person I actually respect! Its tiresome! So now I’m looking at holding off buying anything to do with KK or KL! And as you would know CEO KK I regularly praise your products! And for the lurkers from KL I have certainly given your stuff high praise if justified.
but now I’m over it!
might find me some Perlicks on EBay!
cheers
Unfortunately the "Perlicks" you find on ebay wont actually be Perlicks, or might be, but how do you know? It's bloody ridiculous the whole Chinese rip off thing, the only way you can be sure of getting the real deal apparently is from the owner of the design (in this case I believe it's KK) or a bona fide re-seller, and if you were after ultra's that would be KK or Micro-matic, but I don't know of any approved re-sellers for Inters. I'm like you in as much as I have 6 Inters with the different spouts, bought from KL in good faith, are they genuine Inter's? I have no way of knowing, am I going to bin them when they work as advertised, nope, if I need more I'll get one from KK and compare, Nuka's? are the spouts interchangeable with the Inter's? And do I really want a plastic shuttle, given their plastic malt mill issues I don't think so.
fwiw I'm happy with my Inter's, long shanks with finned internal heat sinks keep them cold and first pours are no problem. I recently built a 4 banger for a mate and we used Ultra's, honestly I can't tell the difference, that's not to say there isn't one only that I can't tell, my setup pours 4 different beers in 4 different ways, as does my mates, carb levels, serving pressure, style? so how do you compare different taps?
If you open the tap and beer comes out what's the problem? We are not running pubs/bars etc, we can wait a couple of minutes for that first pour to settle if necessary.
Get over it guysngirls you don't have them six deep at the bar (yeh been there done that) so stop stressing about a 12 second pour or whatever, and enjoy the fact that you can buy a half way decent tap for less than $200!

Unfortunately the "Perlicks" you find on ebay wont actually be Perlicks, or might be, but how do you know? It's bloody ridiculous the whole Chinese rip off thing, the only way you can be sure of getting the real deal apparently is from the owner of the design (in this case I believe it's KK) or a bona fide re-seller, and if you were after ultra's that would be KK or Micro-matic, but I don't know of any approved re-sellers for Inters. I'm like you in as much as I have 6 Inters with the different spouts, bought from KL in good faith, are they genuine Inter's? I have no way of knowing, am I going to bin them when they work as advertised, nope, if I need more I'll get one from KK and compare, Nuka's? are the spouts interchangeable with the Inter's? And do I really want a plastic shuttle, given their plastic malt mill issues I don't think so.
fwiw I'm happy with my Inter's, long shanks with finned internal heat sinks keep them cold and first pours are no problem. I recently built a 4 banger for a mate and we used Ultra's, honestly I can't tell the difference, that's not to say there isn't one only that I can't tell, my setup pours 4 different beers in 4 different ways, as does my mates, carb levels, serving pressure, style? so how do you compare different taps?
If you open the tap and beer comes out what's the problem? We are not running pubs/bars etc, we can wait a couple of minutes for that first pour to settle if necessary.
Get over it guysngirls you don't have them six deep at the bar (yeh been there done that) so stop stressing about a 12 second pour or whatever, and enjoy the fact that you can buy a half way decent tap for less than $200!
Yeah I know mate! I. Just want a sensible discussion regarding taps but instead it degenerated into the same old nonsense.
i was kidding about Perlicks off EBay ;)

Back