ultratap or intertap? is there a difference?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You specifically mentioned the welding in your post and included a video link.. so, yeah, you bought up kegs champ!

I don't have an allegiance as you clearly do. Like I said to Captain Keg King elsewhere, the minute he has something I want & need, I will buy it

You obviously have been told a story or interpreted one about what happened with the divorce but I honestly could give two sh*ts. I think you've chosen sides and it it just burns you that KegLand make more stuff people want than KegKing

This whole 'right of reply' Keg King was blocked blah blah blah line is so tired. You know what their right of reply is? making stuff people want that's better than the competition... and I am sorry, but on this topic of Inter/Ultra tap, the Ultra is the equivalent of copying someones homework and changing it a bit to try and get away with it. At least KegLand put some effort into attempting to improving the design.

Also, It's funny that with your 'all your time in business' you are still somehow surprised that it is RUTHLESS and no one cares about anyones hurt feelings.

Keg King should be thankful they got to keep the original Fermentasaurus design. Maybe the people at KegLand should stay on their Christmas Card list
Why on earth should Keg King be thankful for something that was developed in house and paid for fully by Keg King??? In any business employees come and go and sometimes even get fired. That does not mean they can take things or ideas with them which the business paid for and owns. Both Intertap and the Ultra Tap have the original design coming from Ventmatic. Keg King paid for the rights to manufacture this and has improved it. These things are irrefutably provable and no amount of railing here can change this.

KK were selling the intertap without the rights ever since the taps release, a chinese copy of the ventmatic before smoothing things over with the original inventor of the ventmatic. KK seemed to paid more to gain the rights for a product they originally copied in the first place to claim as their own. Made some tweaks and now we have the ultratap, an aerodynamically designed beer tap. I wonder how long they would have kept selling a counterfeited product if the divorced never happened. I'm still wondering who is Slugworth and who is Willy Wonka of this beer world.

KK were selling the intertap without the rights ever since the taps release, a chinese copy of the ventmatic before smoothing things over with the original inventor of the ventmatic. KK seemed to paid more to gain the rights for a product they originally copied in the first place to claim as their own. Made some tweaks and now we have the ultratap, an aerodynamically designed beer tap. I wonder how long they would have kept selling a counterfeited product if the divorced never happened. I'm still wondering who is Slugworth and who is Willy Wonka of this beer world.
When I became involved royalties were being paid but Ventmatic wished to sell the rights. We purchased them and with Ventmatic assistance a new design was implemented to make a laminar flow tap which became the Ultra Tap. There was no divorce or split despite what posters here keep repeating.

When I became involved royalties were being paid but Ventmatic wished to sell the rights. We purchased them and with Ventmatic assistance a new design was implemented to make a laminar flow tap which became the Ultra Tap. There was no divorce or split despite what posters here keep repeating.
Is that implying that before you were involved (in the days of kegking123) that royalties weren't being paid?

Is that implying that before you were involved (in the days of kegking123) that royalties weren't being paid?
What is kegking 123? Keg King paid all royalties due but there was a Hong Kong based business not belonging to Keg King which was selling these things internationally using our name and I know that Ventmatic had issues there. This business still uses our name as www.kegking.cn and I suggest you search it and see where it points you. We are really disgusted as I think any decent human being would be that the identity of an Australian company is being used and abused like this out of China even now. Totally shameless and opportunistic.

companies should always be wary when doing any sort of comparison to another company's product - to the point where it's actually a stupid idea to do a comparison in any sort of marketing. the comparative advertising laws are strict af

That's why just about every comparison these days is to the same company's product (eg. duracell good ones run 10x longer vs their cheap shit)
I used to be involved in sales in a highly competitive market and we were always taught to NOT shit can the competitors product
It only belittles your own standing

That is quite valid. Its also the reason why I have no interest to engage in any stunts as suggested earlier here no matter how the poster tried to frame it. Its just not a business like approach. Competition will always be with us but when things are done like they were with kegs and taps supposed to be ours but were not then its easy to see that desperation to score. The BS about the KK super deluxe fridges was just another example of the sort of ignorance and sour grapes to which people have already woken up to.

PS
Had a look at an Intertap on Wednesday, personal opinion is it was a piece of shit I wouldn't put beer through (know nothing about who made it and care less) the internal finish was as rough as guts. Particularly the shuttle, machining ridges all over it, there the slot was cut for the actuator handle goes there were metal feathers you coy cut yourself on.
The beer is coming out of a round tube being split into 4 flow paths over/through/around the shuttle and actuator then remerging into the spout. Any talk of laminar flow is a joke, not even an attempt as constant volume or non turbulent flow that I could see. The sort of thing you get when a machinist comes up with a design that is cheap and easy to make without any regard for the flow dynamics of beer. Design and build quality is guaranteed to cause breakout (that's foaming for the uninitiated)
Ok they are cheap give them that, I have Brumby taps and I know they are 4 or 5 times the price but when you take both apart you can see why.
Not even suggesting people buy professional taps (I can hear asholes snapping shut all over the country) but Jesus 7 pages of detailed comparison between cow flop and horse turd.
Mark

1589686807099.png

That is quite valid. Its also the reason why I have no interest to engage in any stunts as suggested earlier here no matter how the poster tried to frame it. Its just not a business like approach. Competition will always be with us but when things are done like they were with kegs and taps supposed to be ours but were not then its easy to see the desperation to score. The bullshit about the KK super deluxe fridges was just another example of the sort of ignorance and sour grapes that

You specifically mentioned the welding in your post and included a video link.. so, yeah, you bought up kegs champ!
You obviously have been told a story or interpreted one about what happened with the divorce but I honestly could give two sh*ts. I think you've chosen sides and it it just burns you that KegLand make more stuff people want than KegKing

This whole 'right of reply' Keg King was blocked blah blah blah line is so tired. You know what their right of reply is? making stuff people want that's better than the competition... and I am sorry, but on this topic of Inter/Ultra tap, the Ultra is the equivalent of copying someones homework and changing it a bit to try and get away with it. At least KegLand put some effort into attempting to improving the design.

Also, It's funny that with your 'all your time in business' you are still somehow surprised that it is RUTHLESS and no one cares about anyones hurt feelings.

I was pointing out the MO of KL videos full of untruths, unless you are The Beer Baron. Nothing to do with the bullshit spouted about the way they are welded.

Right of reply was blocked, even though KK was in credit with the sponsors payment. As for the Inter/ Ultra both designs belong to KK, both were designed by Brad Amidzich.
What improvements have Keg Land made to the design? I will say they have had a knee jerk reaction to losing what they have always claimed to be their Gold Standard flagship design the Intertap, and quickly come up with the Nukatap.

Business is ruthless, I have seen a lot of businesses fail, and I do feel sorry for those who have lost everything, money, house, marriage but at least they are still the right side of the grass, and if they are young enough they can have another crack. But I have never seen anyone using bullshit videos to make their product look better, it just isn't done.

I'm still wondering who is Slugworth and who is Willy Wonka of this beer world.

I reckon you could just about hold your breath waiting to find out, dark clouds are already on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
FACT! Intertap was pushed as "the dogs bollocks" beer tap by KL, just read the posts.
FACT! Turns out it wasn't theirs to sell, such is life.
FACT! Now they are pushing the Nuka as "the dogs bollocks" beer tap, believe what you want to, but looking at the Maltzilla, pushed as "the dogs bollocks" of mills yet needing one of its plastic mounting lugs snapped off because of a design flaw (just read the thread) it doesn't inspire confidence.

All the spruiking coming out of KL about stuff that is not fit for purpose, the 100L boiler that only had one 1.5" port??? either element or tap? Honestly what fkn use was it, Oh now it has two 2" ports, no worries Kee, happy to help out mate, maybe run yer next hair brained ideas past a few of the older hands here.
fwiw a badly designed plastic mill is about as much use as a one port electric boiler. and while we're at it how much are you paying the canzilla guys for the R&D work they're doing for you? Oh spray shield! That's a good idea. If you had used the bloody thing just ONCE! you would have been aware of the issue of foam being thrown everywhere, and yet it gets released and only after owners come up with with their own spray shields does KL come up with a solution (copied from a punter, did he get a consideration for his IP, no of course not, ideas are free aren't they?)

Advice for any noobs/tossers/morons/mouthbreeders about to comment on me being just a KL knocker, READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS!
I'm over idiots reading a single post and banging on, read the thread! Then read other comments from the poster before commenting, and making a complete dick out of yourself.
Cheers G

I think with your lack of analytical/critical thinking your life must be hell on April Fools day.
Why is it so hard for you to grasp, I was pointing out the MO of KL videos full of untruths, unless you are The Beer Baron. Nothing to do with the bullshit spouted about the way they are welded.

Right of reply was blocked, even though KK was in credit with the sponsors payment. As for the Inter/ Ultra both designs belong to KK, both were designed by Brad Amidzich.
What improvements have Keg Land made to the design? I will say they have had a knee jerk reaction to losing what they have always claimed to be their Gold Standard flagship design the Intertap, and quickly come up with the Nukatap.

Business is ruthless, I have seen a lot of businesses fail, and I do feel sorry for those who have lost everything, money, house, marriage but at least they are still the right side of the grass, and if they are young enough they can have another crack. But I have never seen anyone using bullshit videos to make their product look better, it just isn't done.

I reckon you could just about hold your breath waiting to find out, dark clouds are already on the horizon.
I reckon your so far up their ass you must be cleaning their teeth.

Dental floss anyone. Is that the best you can come up with, no debate, no ideas of your own?
I have purchased stuff from both and find KL to have a much better inventory and cheaper delivery prices. On 2 occasions I have received a product with a problem they replaced it no questions, in fact I received one before I had a chance to send the faulty one back. KK don't even stock oak Barrels of which I get a few. I don't know how you are connected to KK but you seem to impart your allergy superior knowledge about everything. Just put a sock in it and let the punters pick for themselves.

I have purchased stuff from both and find KL to have a much better inventory and cheaper delivery prices. On 2 occasions I have received a product with a problem they replaced it no questions, in fact I received one before I had a chance to send the faulty one back. KK don't even stock oak Barrels of which I get a few. I don't know how you are connected to KK but you seem to impart your allergy superior knowledge about everything. Just put a sock in it and let the punters pick for themselves.
Punters do pick for themselves, as do I, and I have an opinion, if you don't like it press the ignore button. Simple.

Why on earth should Keg King be thankful for something that was developed in house and paid for fully by Keg King??? In any business employees come and go and sometimes even get fired. That does not mean they can take things or ideas with them which the business paid for and owns. Both Intertap and the Ultra Tap have the original design coming from Ventmatic. Keg King paid for the rights to manufacture this and has improved it. These things are irrefutably provable and no amount of railing here can change this.

I don't think it's unreasonable to acknowledge that (from my understanding) the people, or some of the people, who are now at KegLand, developed the Fermentasaurus and the Kegasaurus aka Fermenterking Jr while employed at KegKing? So yeah, you do have these people to thank in some way. Doing so doesn't invalidate your argument that they were employed with KegKing at the time so you keep the designs.

So inter was a straight copy/paste of the ventmatic. Ventmatic got p*ssed, agreements were made, rights purchased, All good. Slight changes made, new name being the Ultra. SO my point that they are copies is right even if they paid the price for it and it's all legit which I have no doubt about.

KegLand have come with the new shuttle design & material and a change on the exterior. The jury is out on whether they are as good as stated but my point is they're trying new stuff.. FermZilla, Cannular, MaltZilla, RAPT fridge etc. etc. Even if some of these aren't perfect out of the gate you can't knock the effort. Except you do. A lot.

I don't think it's unreasonable to acknowledge that (from my understanding) the people, or some of the people, who are now at KegLand, developed the Fermentasaurus and the Kegasaurus aka Fermenterking Jr while employed at KegKing? So yeah, you do have these people to thank in some way. Doing so doesn't invalidate your argument that they were employed with KegKing at the time so you keep the designs.

So inter was a straight copy/paste of the ventmatic. Ventmatic got p*ssed, agreements were made, rights purchased, All good. Slight changes made, new name being the Ultra. SO my point that they are copies is right even if they paid the price for it and it's all legit which I have no doubt about.

KegLand have come with the new shuttle design & material and a change on the exterior. The jury is out on whether they are as good as stated but my point is they're trying new stuff.. FermZilla, Cannular, MaltZilla, RAPT fridge etc. etc. Even if some of these aren't perfect out of the gate you can't knock the effort. Except you do. A lot.
For your information the Kegasaurus design was examined and found to be not fit for purpose as well as being potentially dangerous (PRV in the coupling so inoperative when coupled). It was dropped and the product shredded because it was just rubbish. The FK Junior is based on the patented Cypet/ZEG design which does a really great job. The FS was not exactly original thinking and we quickly dropped the old valve/lid design because it too was rubbish as the KL claque so often pointed out. You cannot have it both ways. Thanks for what then?

The Intertap and Ultra Tap were made for different reasons and apart from sharing the forward sealing aspect the Ultra functions better. We never hid the fact that it was a design which we purchased and we improved it so that our clients can get the best pour which we can provide for their money. In fact we proudly made a video with the inventor so all could see the pedigree of the faucet.

Can you see that little by little you are running out of where to go? I could spend time knocking the stuff you mention here but others have seen the reality the existence of which seems to bother you a lot. When one business is desperate to drag another into comparison matches then its pretty obvious they want to use the "me too" thing to promote their own. If it is so good then just let the market decide which in the end it always does no matter what.

In terms of new stuff we have got a few nice things coming and I am grateful to the brewing community out there who keep giving us new ideas. Just want to make sure that when it goes out that it works properly.

You don't have an opinion you have an agenda.
Opinions, agenda, call it what you like, I don't hide them. Unlike Kee and Keg Land, Kee registering trade marks in his name using KK company funds, a couple of years before leaving KK. Check out the Keg Land name on ASIC. KK mailing lists appearing on KL computers, overseas accounts set up. Kee spouting that he would bury KK within 3 months, that was two years ago.
Me, I don't like hidden agendas, and I like that KK just didn't lie down, they fought back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back