Uh Oh... Commercial Kegs With Gps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our recycling wheely bin has a RFID attached in case the bin goes missing.

We have people ??? refusing to use them because they do not want BIG BROTHER
checking up on them.

Regards

Graeme

steal a keg, free gps? besides, they wouldn't stop the would-be thieves that intend on making keggles out of them.

I guess the "how to modify a keg" articles out there will include instructions for GPS removal, too :)

I can imagine the police now....

Busting through the door, looking around...."nope chief, nothing here but a big boiler wrapped in camping mat.....wait a second...."

Our recycling wheely bin has a RFID attached in case the bin goes missing.

We have people ??? refusing to use them because they do not want BIG BROTHER
checking up on them.

Regards

Graeme

Thats because it is the first step towards making you pay by weight for your rubbish removal.

steal a keg, free gps? besides, they wouldn't stop the would-be thieves that intend on making keggles out of them.

Those kegs belong to the People comrade. :D Although the authorities might not view it that way. ;)
Viva the revolution. :beerbang:

TP :beer:

I remember a news story not so long ago regarding a GPS tracking device on a tractor/trailer unit that was stolen. The rig had a GPS tracking device. The trailer, which was full of beer, was recovered empty. When the cops called up the unit's history they noted that it had paused at a particular location for quite some time. They searched the house and found most of the beer. At least the portion the thieves hadn't drank yet, anyway.

That would only trigger the heat sensor, activating their self-destruct mechanism.

Must be very expensive if its anything more than a passive tag, I guess the losses must outweigh the cost. I'm sure if they can track the kegs then some enterprising hooligan can track the kegs and make them easier to find and steal =)

that looked american...who cares??? its not like anyone here has stolen a keg! :D

Latest posts

Back