U Brew It

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone actually answered the post based on actual experience, no illiterate bullsh!t

Um, this is a forum, therefore I would surmise that illiteracy levels are quite low by virtue of the fact that the written word is required to communicate here. It's christmas time soon, perhaps santa might bring you a dictionary AND John Palmer's "How to Brew".

Um, this is a forum, therefore I would surmise that illiteracy levels are quite low by virtue of the fact that the written word is required to communicate here. It's christmas time soon, perhaps santa might bring you a dictionary AND John Palmer's "How to Brew".

:ph34r: :blink: :excl:

It's christmas time soon, perhaps santa might bring you a dictionary

Canniabal Smurf may not need a dictionary as he (or she) was correct in the use of illiterate. Whilst illiterate may be used generally to indicate low levels of literacy it is equally correct to use illiterate in the sense of not being expert in a particular area of knowledge, for example "Kevin is an expert in Mandarin but zymurgically illiterate"
Perhaps the point may been made clearer had Cannibal Smurf instead used the term "fallacious" or "mendacious", "perfidious", "erroneous", or even "downright fraudulent".

K

Canniabal Smurf may not need a dictionary as he (or she) was correct in the use of illiterate.

So was your spelling of Cannibal due to you being illiterate, fallacious, mendacious, perfidious, erroneous, or downright fraudulent? ;) :D

Good onya Langy :)

Someone actually answered the post based on actual experience, no illiterate bullsh!t hear-say or talking about a totally different company.

I am happy with the service I've received and will post my findings on the beer itself once I've had a chance to try it. I say give 'em a try Hazz, ask a few questions about the process and the beers you're interested in brewing and see how much your franchisee knows about his/her business.

I consider the fact i have tasted a product from one of the facilities as actual experience.

And not one i ever plan to repeat. Warm flat VB will pass these lips prior.

My mate who does K&K makes far superior beers to the product i tasted.

If you wanted feedback on a particular company why not go down to said premises and ask the people who are using it rather than asking the opinion of the illiterate yobs who frequent these parts...... :icon_drunk:

Back on topic,
I actually agree with Dr Smurto, in regards to taste of the U-Brew beers.
They have a twang associated with extract brewing, sorry but not to my taste.
Further more, many kit and kilo brewers make beers that are far superior to those that I have tasted from U-Brew, especially when additional hops are used for flavour and aroma.
Personally you can't go past AG brews, which are far superior to those from U Brew.
An honest opinion!
AC

I consider the fact i have tasted a product from one of the facilities as actual experience.

And not one i ever plan to repeat. Warm flat VB will pass these lips prior.

My mate who does K&K makes far superior beers to the product i tasted.

If you wanted feedback on a particular company why not go down to said premises and ask the people who are using it rather than asking the opinion of the illiterate yobs who frequent these parts...... :icon_drunk:

How dare you refer to them as illiterate yobs :angry:

stagga.

Not only that, a REAL doctor wouldn`t say such hurtful things.
I mean, when was the last time he gave someone advice on here on their triple heart bypass?

stagga.

you have got the wrong man ....

LOL, Yea, it got confusing for a bit there. The Good Doctor was merely paraphrashing ol' Smurfey's insulting jibe at other members..

So maybe he's a Doctor of Literature ?

The Good Doctor was merely paraphrashing ol' Smurfey's insulting jibe at other members..
as has been previously pointed out;

Illiterate
-adjective
1. unable to read and write: an illiterate group.
2. having or demonstrating very little or no education.
3. showing lack of culture, esp. in language and literature.
4. displaying a marked lack of knowledge in a particular field: He is musically illiterate
- noun
5. an illiterate person.

not intended as an insult, comments by those that have tried commercial homebrew places or tasted brews friends have done are fine. Even if the request specifically asked for opinions/comments on 'Ubrewit'. There were, however, comments posted by some who haven't brewed, tasted or probably even seen the results of any of these places (let alone Ubrewit) that were fairly negative. It's this non-factual information that leads to confusion and doesn't help Hazz with his decision.
The 1 person that responded who had himself actually brewed several times with this company seems happy with the results, so I am keeping a positive outlook and hoping my beers are better than warm VB. Sure it's more expensive than K&K,K&B & AG but it's a good way to get into brewing your own beer and if you like it, then you can outlay the $ for your own kit. Which is exactly how it went for me, did a Ubrewit and now looking at getting some gear together for an AG brew later this month or early Jan.

I have never used one of these places myself nor have I smpled the output, but I reckon that they are possibly a good way to dip your toes into the wort.

And you never know, it might just turn some people onto the idea of doing it themselves at home.

Whatever floats your boat... there is only one way to find out.

Brendo

The 1 person that responded who had himself actually brewed several times with this company seems happy with the results, so I am keeping a positive outlook and hoping my beers are better than warm VB.

Seems that on reading this thread, there are no less than 10 individuals who have posted who have either brewed with one of these BOP for themselves, or who have at least sampled the beers made there, either through friends that have brewed, open days, etc........

And as for the posters who haven't tried it, yet who have posted opinions on it....are they truly illiterate? (as per definition 4); or are they experienced brewers who don't have to taste an extract beer brewed to a generic recipe in imitation of a commercial beer to know that it will taste like an extract beer brewed to a generic recipe in imitation of a commercial beer?

I reckon it's a 'service industry' thing. Twenty years ago it was considered fine to have a mower man and a milko but that was about it.

Back then if you had mentioned the idea of someone with a mobile bath house coming round to wash and clip your dog ???? :blink:
What, a team of people coming in and actually cleaning your house? Are your arms and legs painted on?
Mobile Car Detailers r us - my God any decent Aussie car should look like a mobile wheelie bin inside, are we turning into a nation of soft c*ck nancy's or something?? :eek:

Now the nation is full of organisations who will do the dirty stuff for you, at a price of course, and U brew type franchises can cut out the hard work for you but of course you pay, but they have a price point that undercuts going to Liquorland and also appeals to the blossoming sense amongst the beer drinking unwashed that VB and XXXX isn't the end of the story.

Sincerely hope they do well and chuck a lot of people our way to the darkside. Looks like they have chucked a couple already.

Seems that on reading this thread, there are no less than 10 individuals who have posted who have either brewed with one of these BOP for themselves, or who have at least sampled the beers made there, either through friends that have brewed, open days, etc........

And as for the posters who haven't tried it, yet who have posted opinions on it....are they truly illiterate? (as per definition 4); or are they experienced brewers who don't have to taste an extract beer brewed to a generic recipe in imitation of a commercial beer to know that it will taste like an extract beer brewed to a generic recipe in imitation of a commercial beer?
Bit of a Catch 22, really.....you`re assuming all experienced brewers are litterate.
You never know who`s out there looking into the screen :(
{I don`t have an opinion on the Ubrew setups, since I`ve never bothered with it}

stagga.

Not long ago there was a thread on AHB who worked for one of these mobs asking if it was possible to replicate their companies process at home. WTF? how can you work for a breewing company and not know if you can replicate it at home. it shows complete lack of understanding about what they do which mewans your going to get a shite product (most likely).

Yup, I recall that post too City, was interested in his comments on that thread because the guy was from a new Barley Corn Brewers near me and a mate is dead keen to try it. After hearing his questions it didn't fill me with a lot of confidence that these guys know how to brew either. That said I've asked my fair share of dumb questions on this forum.

Also recall the guy posting the comments was an employee, not running the joint? He may have been on a learning curve and a new trainee there so that might explain it.

All that being said I still may wind up going to one of these places (might not be there) simply because I want my mate to get into brewing like me and this might tip him over the edge. As Brendo said, the more we convert to the dark path the better! :ph34r:

Hopper.

Back