Type 30 Coupling for Filling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifis101

Reaction score
I have a 10kg CO2 bottle and it's the best part the size of a keg. I was considering getting a 2kg fire extinguisher so I can fit it in my kegerator. I have one the sodastram filling adaptors but can you get one so you can connect a type 30 to another type 30 fitting and fill your own CO2 bottles/fire extinguishers?

Yes I think you can, something I saw on the US home brew forum. It's all about the pressure though so you will only get a really good fill on the small cylinder when your 10 kg is nearly full.
Why not just have the 10kg outside and then use either bulkhead fitting ball lock post and 1/4 inch female to 8mm duotight type fitting across the kegerator / fridge wall. Then you can plug in and out your big cylinder and not lose space in the fridge.

Another option is to use tap shank across the fridge wall with carbonation type cap on the outside and a connector to duotight on the inside, this is a bit more solid as you can hold it in position with the flange nuts on each side.

Yeah that is most likely what I'll do. I just thought I'd ask the question seeing as I hadn't come accross is before. For now I'll probably just drill a 10mm hole in the fridge and feed the gas line in until I get some fittings.

Yep good idea and a bit of blutack around the pipe wher it enters the fridge will reduce losses and condensation.

Latest posts

Back