Twoc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goat

NULL
Reaction score
Just a quick note of praise for a Perth HBS....

I had a problem with a regulator which I took it back to Roy from TWOC a lunch time today. Without question he took the reg to have it looked at and (this is the bit I was impressed with) lent me a replacement and the required fittings in the mean time - I'm wrapped with that sort of service.

And his latest brew tastes pretty good too.... :)

(no commercial affiliation)

Before I moved over here I dealt with Roy for my homebrew gear and he was excellent. It's unfortunate I'm over here in NSW now without a local HBS...

Chatty

Yep couldn't agree more Goat. We don't have any of the likes of Grumpy's etc over here so it is great to have a well run HBS with just about everything you need to brew and run by someone who is very knowledgable and more than willing to help out :D especially when ppl like me roll up at 4pm on a friday to get gear for an last minute oktoberfest without having actually bothered to work out what I needed :).

Lucky me I only live about 10mins away!

Always wondered, does TWOC stand for anything (other than the givens of integrity, quality customer service etc).

I.E. what do the letters represent?

Teenas' World Of Craft :D The shop used to be run out of his wifes craft shop... When you get there, have a look west across the car park and you will see the original shop.

Chatty

Tina's World of Crafts.....

Shouldn't that be obvious ?!!! He's quite the dadaist is Roy..... :D

Can't imagine why I never worked it out myself :rolleyes:

If I ever get to Perth, I'll surely check it out - little surrealist that I am.

It's true - I'm surrealist most of the time, hic(!) :chug: :chug:

Where abouts in Perth is TWOC? I will hopefully be back around Christmas for holidays.

Hoops

He's at the Stock Road Markets (which is great cos he's open 7 days too) which is in Bibra Lakes.

Hi all,
Just thought I would make mention of the fact I visited TWOC today, and was fairly impressed by the service, spoke to one of the chicks there, and she helped figure out what I need to get to start brewing, has anyone posted a review of any of the TWOC kits?

Cheers

Case

Hoops: bibra lake is a long long way from scabs. Its about 35km from morley, but the place is so good that after only one visit its now my preferred NVLHBS.

when i get to perth for good what would all you brewers of perth consider a good central home brew place should i consider this as a new career path.
the contacts in the biz are slowly being touched.

cheers
big d

I have prepared a very quick and dodgy map of the homebrew shops I can think of in Perth.
beer%20map.gif

The places, and a quick summary:
1) Greenwood - U-brew-it, with attached brewshop. Strictly K&K, hops on hangers, no grain, saf yeasts only. Not very knowledgable staff. Very little distilling accessories.

2) Osbourne Park - WestBrew, hops and good dried yeast selection in fridge, moderate grains, no liquid yeasts. Staff helpful. Some distilling gear.

3) Bayswater - International Homebrew Supplies. Owner is not a brewer, wholesale supplier to supermarkets. Hops in fridge, saf yeasts only, very little grain. Some distilling gear.

4) Midland - Cant remember. A few items tucked away in a corner of a cleaning supplies shop. Strictly K&K, hops on hangers, no grain, saf yeasts only. Not very knowledgable staff. Very little distilling gear.

5) Welshpool - Malthouse Homebrew. Good hops and liquid yeast (white labs). Decent grain selection. Staff variable (owner is good, helpers not quite so). Good amount of distilling gear.

Not shown on map - location is approx 20-25km due south of CBD, just off kwinana freeway in bibra lake
6) Bibra Lake - TWOC. Easily the best HBS in Perth. Excellent range, Roy (owner) is fantastic. If we could get another shop like this somewhere on the Northside, I would be a very happy camper. No idea about distilling, I didnt notice any when I was in there.

I hope this helps you mate :) As you can see, there are large areas of the northside without a decent brewshop. I know that K&K would be your main business financially, but there's lots of opportunity to expand into grain and also distilling, which I hear is growing very quickly.

and everyone else...please feel free to add to this list, or correct me if you think I'm a tad off the mark.

Bar
The only one I would add is Gryphon Brewing in Bassendean, Its not really a full on shop but a small home run business. The owner Neville is an AG brewer and stocks a good selection of grain, hops and gets liquid yeast in every few months and has some other little bits and pieces like stainless airstones etc. He is also really helpful, the best way to get in touch is by email [email protected]. He is probably one of your better choices of grain and yeast North of the river.

But he doesn't keep the general home brew store stuff, I wait till I'm down South of the river and go to Roy for them. TWOC is probably the only real bricks and mortar HBS in Perth that caters for craftbrewers.
Cheers

Ausdb

Thanks for that info ausdb, this bloke sounds like he will come in rather handy at times, when a 70km round trip is too much to ask :)

Are you guys referring to the same person ? I thought that HBS 3 of Barfy's list was the same as Gryphon in ausdb's - next door to Wescobee on Beechboro Rd??

If it is the same, I hope it has improved since I was there last...

I've heard that it has changed hands recently so maybe its worth another look.

Goat: nope, different place. The #3 on my list is the one next to wescobee. It's now run by a bloke called Neil, who used to be the manager of the supercheap store at the galleria. He's a nice enough bloke, but doesnt brew, or even drink, so I dont know what his advice would be like.

This gryphon place is completely new to me, I'd never heard of it until an hour ago.

I stand corrected.

Whats the address ausdb ? - I can't find it in the whitepages.

Big D -
the south east metro area just in the hills is an ideal place for a good hbs, and just by chance thats where I live! :p

if im to venture down this path i would really like to keep it more for all grainers and partial mash.i dont want it to be another kit store as there appears to be enough of these shops supplying the perth brewers and not enough shops selling grain.
my only real concern is the mimimun amount of grain you have to buy from the suppiers as ive been told it is a substantial amount.
anyway if no luck going down this path i will see if i can just become a grain supplier working from home as i have the storage facilities for a huge amount and will see how it pans out from there.

cheers
big d

Back