Twoc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm looks like I have not been following this thread as well as I thought! Is he getting some crankenstein mills in? How much will they be?

Was there this morning, obviously I was not enquiring about the right things!

Jason,

yeah he has been apointed the australian supplier for crank and stein according to Fred fromc rank and stein.

Fred also said once TWOC has the mills in steady supply he will refer all australian enquiries to TWOC

No price as yet, TWOC are waiting to see how much the duty will be..

Yeah he told me only cranks as nobody else was interested in suppling bulk to aus -wont have a price till they work out shipping and costs

Could be a good idea for my XMAS gift. Time to start dropping hints.

Sorry for the thread Necromancy, but after a bit of a hiatus I noticed the HBS in Bayswater isn't there any more. Anyone know if they have just moved, or are gone for good?

I had to make the impromptu trek down to TWOC, which isn't really a bad thing

Bugger - I didn't know that. That was a very handy shop for me. When & where did it go ?

I went to TWOC last weekend for the first time in several months and that mushroomed a fair bit.

Sorry for the thread Necromancy, but after a bit of a hiatus I noticed the HBS in Bayswater isn't there any more. Anyone know if they have just moved, or are gone for good?

I had to make the impromptu trek down to TWOC, which isn't really a bad thing

They've moved, they're now in ... I think it's King street, a bit back up Beechboro rd towards Morley. King has a right angle bend and they're past that, near the corner of James. BTW I visted them about 2 months ago at this location, HBSs being what they are it may be stale info now.

Here's the new address info.

21 John Street
Bayswater, Western Australia. 6053.

Head down to the end of King street from Beechboro road and follow it to the right. About three factories down on the right hand side is where you will find it. They aren't cracking grain but their bulk prices are far better than TWOC.

gary

Thanks guys!

That will be easier than driving 45 minutes each way for a few simple ingredients

Onya Nev :D
The irony isn't lost on me that you are stirring the pot in this thread :p

Back on topic, over the past couple of months Roy has expanded his shop and upgraded his website making both a good place to visit. He is not necessarily the cheapest place in town but he has an awesome range of grain and hops and yeast and looking at some of the grief some of you have to go through to get to a good HBS has inspired me to give Roy my support :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Doug

Expanded the shop?
'bout bloody time, was a little cramped in there, and he had about 4 times the space out the back...

Saucers of milk all round... LOL!!!!

Yeah its actually a nice place to go to now not as dusty and cramped. Roy's great saved me a couple of times. mmmm I always come back sober from TWOC though unlike my favourite retailer.... so I have no idea if Roy makes good beer I assume he does.

I always go to TWOC because when I started brewing it was the only place I could find with a decent range of product. I may have even ventured their because they sold Grumpy's kits. Anyways I was out of the game for a couple of years living overseas and so was excited to head down to TWOC when I got back home earlier this year. It is a long drive but I do like the range and the service. Having said that it was only recently that I heard about Gryphon and Brewmart, which are a little closer to me, so I would be interested if those in the know could post up a few pros etc of each shop. I will no doubt go and visit each in time.

TWOC - Pros; Large range of product, will crack your grain (I don't have a mill), the fruit and veg market next door is pretty good. Cons; pretty far if you live north of the river, $$
Gryphon - Pros; Is on AHB, ??
Brewmart - ??

I don't intend this post start a slanging match.

I always go to TWOC because when I started brewing it was the only place I could find with a decent range of product. I may have even ventured their because they sold Grumpy's kits. Anyways I was out of the game for a couple of years living overseas and so was excited to head down to TWOC when I got back home earlier this year. It is a long drive but I do like the range and the service. Having said that it was only recently that I heard about Gryphon and Brewmart, which are a little closer to me, so I would be interested if those in the know could post up a few pros etc of each shop. I will no doubt go and visit each in time.

TWOC - Pros; Large range of product, will crack your grain (I don't have a mill), the fruit and veg market next door is pretty good. Cons; pretty far if you live north of the river, $
Gryphon - Pros; Is on AHB, ??
Brewmart - ??

I don't intend this post start a slanging match.

Basically Gryphon is great for grain & a delicious refreshing sample while you have a chat, yum! Place an order over the net and arrange a pickup time, excellent service and nice bloke.

TWOC excellent service and everything you need. Roy's a great bloke with heaps of knowledge (you might have to pry it out of him as he's a very quiet personality that doesn't push his ideas on his customers). I drive from Mandurah to his store to even get a grommet if I need it due to the slack service I got from other stores out this way. TWOC is the best home brew store I've been to.

Cheers real_beer :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back