Two pots, brew in a bag without the bag. My first attempt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seato

Reaction score
This was whilst I was sparging

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396205365.725709.jpg

This was during the boil
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1396205421.727199.jpg

Double batch with 5.8 kg pale malt and 5 kg Munich. 5 hop additions of galaxy and Amarillo at 0, 15, 30, 45, 60 at 30g each.

Sitting in a fridge at 18 becoming awesome ATM.

I used to run a very similar thing for my partials... Gave it away (when I upgraded to 3v) from memory, hope it's out there still doing its thing somewhere

Used to do this too, massive pain in the ass but it got the job done.

I use this system. works great. around 80% efficiency. little clean up and a small storage foot print. Makes a good drop.

Awesome.

We did some shopping yesterday and found, in someone's hard rubbish collection, a kind of very-fine mesh sieve that my wife told me afterwards was probably used to sieve large scraps out of compost. All I could say was.... "Yeah but it would be awesome for sparging".

Now I mostly skip the sparge and do a double mash, old-style. It works a treat.

Is this the keg king 60/40L jobby? What size burner you use and how much gas does it take? Also what's your final volume? I'm looking to fill a 50l keg. Not sure what to buy...

slcmorro said:
I don't even know what's going on here? Explain?
In the pic the pot on top has a perforated bottom and is smaller than the other so it fits inside,basically the smaller pot is replacing the bag in a BIAB system. I think I got it right.

Yep. I too run the aforementioned keg king 60/40L system. It is very convenient indeed. Convenient and efficient.

I might or might not add a kettle to it. I have added a HLT purely for sparging.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400145862.580270.jpg

Finally tried it, pretty awesome. Somewhere between apa and IPA. Ver nice.

Is a keg king system, I've just added a ball valve and hose. Next step will be to introduce a wort chiller into the system for the next brew. I did a staggered hop addition but as it was no chill, has became bitter. Not in an unpleasant way. Not much aroma, excellent taste

Latest posts

Back