Two bottles of Stone & Wood - only $55!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Reaction score
Dreamin'

http://stoneandwood.com.au/shop/stone-beer-vintage-pack-2013/

Stone Beer Vintage Pack 2013

$55

Exclusive to our online store, the Stone Beer Vintage Pack consists of one highly collectable 500ml ‘stone bottle’ (pictured) along with one 500ml glass bottle of the 2013 brew.
Taking the whole handcrafted approach to the next level, each of the stone bottles are filled by hand and they come with a custom letterpress swing tag. We’re talking some seriously bespoke stuff here people.
Price includes delivery anywhere in Australia. Due to the extra love (and packaging) these require, please allow 14-21 days for the beer to magically appear on your doorstep. Offer available to Australian residents only.
Tasting notes:
This year we added some chocolate wheat to what was already an eclectic grain bill. Another tweak was marrying a relatively new hop called Enigma to some German nobles – this added a small boost of fruitiness to the powerful malt character across the middle palate. The chocolate wheat kicks in by balancing the finish, which is firm and long. The beer is still very much in that big dark Germanic ale mould. Imagine what the love child of a beautiful bock and handsome stout might drink like and you’re close.

still_dreaming.png

You are meant to age it? Or it's 2013 vintage to be drank in 2013?

"Taking the whole handcrafted approach to the next level, each of the stone bottles are filled by hand"......

Well i'll be damned, pretty sure we've all done that at some point for less than $1 a bottle, not $55 !!! What a bloody joke, and i'll bet its a young apprentice brewer doing the 'filling by hand' not some mythical brewing wizard or something.

having bought the last 3 years' Murray's Anniversary Ales, I'd probably buy this if i had the spare cash...

How much for the glass bottle without the 'wanker' bottle....

I had a couple of stone beers on friday. absolutely delicious. The 500ml glass pints were about $9 by memory.
I'll be going back to get a few more this weekend if there are any left.

Radio brews news did a great show with the head brewer brad rogers last year, where they talk about how the beer is brewed. They don't do podcasts any more so it's not easy to find on their website but it still exists on itunes and their rss feed.

Totally aggree Liam - I had some at the Pig N Whistle a few weeks back - delicious.

I actually saw "stone" on the tap and assumed it was a ginger beer or something. Then one of the other guys I was with had a pint of some yummy looking black stuff and I was "WTF did you get that from?"

The Stone bottle does look pretty cool.
I'm interested to see how this new Enigma hop goes doesn't seem to be much information out there on it yet.

mmmyummybeer said:
I'm interested to see how this new Enigma hop goes doesn't seem to be much information out there on it yet.
Funny that.

Is this the mob who add blisteringly hot rocks to the kettle?

I asked the missus to pay a bloke at work $20 to collect 2 bottles from Warners at the Bay. Instead, she ordered this $55 package online. He went ahead and bought the bottles anyway. So now I have 4 bottles including the stone variety. I shall sample them side by side to determine if the hand filled stone has any flavour impact.

Josh what's Warners at the Bay like these days? I used to go to Warners Bay High but moved to Sydney after finishing school and the pub was only just finished being built.

The actual Warners at the bay is alright, decent feed and they usually have decent beers on tap..

The bottle shop is a tiny slice of heaven... :icon_drool2: my wallet cringes every time I walk in there, 1000 beers from 50 countries from memory.

Cheers

picked mine up for 8.50 each.
will try one in the next couple of days.

1000 beers??? God damn! I need to hit the highway, hit 110, then hit some of those beers. Might cruise up that way sometime over the next few weeks, cheers Judanero

Back